Abu Garcia Black Max reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FishinChris, Apr 28, 2006.

1. FishinChris

FishinChris New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone on here use , or have any opinions on the Abu Black max 6500 reels?I got a couple for christmas and I really liked them so I went back and got some more, $49 at academy cant really beat it.But I saw somewhere on here that it was a grade B reel.Are these reels any good , or did I waste my money?

2. bmullikin32

bmullikin32 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In my opinion you cant go wrong with any abu reels

3. Boots28

Boots28 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Most of the guys I fish with all use The Black Max. If I had the money that would be all I use.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :big_smile: I got a couple...I like them..came from Academy also..Here is a plus...Academy guarntees' there products for a lifetime! they told me that personaly..I think a lot of folks don't know that.:eek:oooh:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It depends. Is a Ford any good? Depends entirely upon what your comparing it against. Ford to Lambragini, Ford is not very much. Ford to a moped, Ford is quite a lot. Black Max to a 6500c3 or 7000, it's not much. But it is a lot better than a lot of other reels out there. Treat it with kindness and respect, apply proper maintenance, and your kid will fish with it someday.

6. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like mine so far. You can't beat them for the price thats for sure. i have found that not all Academy's sell these though.

7. FishinChris

FishinChris New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do all of the academy's guarantee there products for life?I havent heard that, but never asked either.Thanks

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :roll_eyes: That's what the folks told me at the sporting good counter..as long as it ain't beat to smitherenes.......:big_smile: