Abu Garcia Black Cat 6500TCCF Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CJ21, Feb 2, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wonding is this a good reel? I see it has carbon matrix, 3 stainless steel bearings, 6 pin centrifugal brake spool control, and a power handle. and other good stuff. This a Catfish Connection Exclusive its is $84.95. It only weight 3 oz more than my 6000.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I salivate when I think of this reel! It is on my list for sure.

It has the upgraded drag system of the newer models, and when you compare the price to a 6500 and the added expense of getting a power handle for it, they are about the same.

Plus you get that pretty picture of a catfish on the side of the reel. :lol:

I have a bunch of Penn 320GT'2 mounted on MH Tigers, but they are a pretty heavy duty setup. I am gonna get some Black Cats with probably Ugly Stik Catfish poles for my lighter setup.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ok thanks, there I think I am going to get one when I have the money.

4. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I bought one about 3 weeks ago. I have always been a Penn 209 guy but I had to have one. The first thing I did was take it out in the yard and cast it. When my first cast hit the house across the street and down three doors I was amazed. This reel is really cool. The only thing that bothers me is its alot smaller then my Penn reels. I mounted it on an 8ft MH Berkley Glowstik.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Red,I Wondered What that Noise was Hittin the Side of the House! LOL.J.D.:embarassed:

6. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    Could have been I'm telling you it just took off and I said woa. I love this real.

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Must be fishing for a House-Cat!LOL

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks agian guys, I am going to be getting one.

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The first 6500 I ever owned was a TC, love that power handel and its smoot as anything on a cast. Very adjustable so you can allmost cast without using your thumb on the spool. First time I had ever tried to cast a Baitcaster and I threw it all the way across the pond with no backlash. Between 40 and 50 yds I think. I was amazed, gigling like a schoolgirl lol. Can't go wrong with one CJ. After a couple yrs get a Big Game 7000, Black if you can find one. Same smoothness.

10. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    i just got one cj from cc had to have it put it on q big cat mh sweet set up cant wait to catch a bigun

11. MaysvilleCatfish

MaysvilleCatfish New Member

State:
    kentucky
    any new model ambassadeur is gonna be super smooth and super strong.the tccf models look awsome to boot.luv the cat on the side:confused2:

12. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The reel looks like it has great quality and that engraved catfish on the side just makes it even better. I havent purchased one because i'm broke at the moment, but let me know how it works for you

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks agian guys, if u have any pic of the reel mounted on a rod. That will helpful.

14. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    hey cj ive got mine mounted on q big cat 7 1/2 mh .i dont know how to put pics on this site im new to all of this sorry

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I just received my first BG9000HSN. It is flat out gorgeous! Purtiest darn reel I ever did see.

16. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have one.. mine is the maroon color catfish model but well worth the 85 bucks...

I love Abu Garcia's... I have a collection of them now, have been for almost 20 years...

If you get a chance check out the new model Ambassaduer Record in 60 size... One of the best they have ever made in years!

17. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you're goin for a purdy reel, check out the CS Pro Rockets! SEEEEEEEEEXY!!!!!!

18. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    My wife bought me one for Valentines Day can't wait to give it a try.

19. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Anyone know the reason behind the v-shaped spool? Doug

20. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I'D LOVE TO HAVE ONE BUT I'D PROBABLY NEVER USE IT BECAUSE IT'S SUCH A GOOD LOOKING REEL WITH THE CATFISH ENGRAVED ON IT AND ALL. I CAN'T REALLY AFFORD TO BUY ONE JUST TO COLLECT AND NOT USE BUT I KNOW THAT'S WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I BOUGHT ONE.