Abu Garcia 9000 BG

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by lebeaux, Aug 8, 2007.

1. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just bought a Garcia 9000 BG NIB off E Bay for $100. I've never even seen one of these reels before. Did the research and Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's want 140 to 150 bucks for these reels. Anyone ever owned one? If so, do you like it? May be overkill but I couldn't pass up the savings:roll_eyes:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason that is one big bad machine. Lots of line capacity/ Suited for the big blues and flatties. Overkill for the channels. Good price. I think you will enjoy it. Maybe a little heavy.:smile2:

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got one from a place in Missouri on the net. It's a great reel. I use mine mainly for snagging spoonbill as it will hold alot of 40 and 50lb line. It doesn't have any brakes in it, but you can still adjust the spool tension on the left side of the reel. Mine will out throw my nicest 7000s! It might be over kill, but I'd rather have that then under kill! If you're used to a 7000, you'll notice that there's not really much difference in feel, just in line capacity and strength.

I actually pulled mine apart along with my Penn 320gti, and noticed that the internal parts in the 9000 were thicker and beefier. I think it's a tougher reel than the 320 from the looks of the insides.

You got a great reel, go and enjoy the hell out of it.

4. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just ordered a new one from the place in Missouri xringer3 speaks of for $70. It should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. :big_smile:

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've been thinking of getting another one for that price. I don't need it, but at that price can I afford NOT to get another one!

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have one and it is a real beefy reel. It sure makes a rod look small.:big_smile: I really like mine and would get me another one if I found a good deal on them, but right now I have more than enough reels(is that possible?)

7. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got my 9000 BG today and I like it. I think I may end up liking it more than my 7000's. It casts well and the clicker seems to engage/disengage smoother than my 7000's. I'm going to give it a real test run tomorrow night. I may have to order another at $70. This reel is a steal for that price.

8. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Where are yall getting them for $70. Been wanting one for a while.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Rogers Sporting Goods. You can find them on the internet. They're out of Liberty Mo. Go to thier site, and click on "Homepage Specials". You'll find it there. Don't buy up the rest of em before I can get one more, LOL.

10. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I ordered myself another one on Monday, should be here tomorrow. I don't really need it, but I figure I better get it while I can at that price. I'm just going to keep it in the box for a while.

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's been a great deal that has been going on for 3-4 months now. They also give you a coupon for a $10 rebate from Abu. I stopped in Rogers today, and they said they were near the end of their stock on the 9000's.

12. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Worst reel i've ever owned. My advice is to sell it. I'll do ya a favor and pay ya 50 for it now that way you won't have any problems out of it........:tounge_out: