Abu garcia 7000c3i reel problem

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by MRFLATHEAD, Jun 23, 2007.

1. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

hey guys hope someone can help me i got a 7000c3i reel that cast fine but when i reel line in i wont reel all the time .the handle on it turns makes a grinding noise. you can push the handle ass in and i will pull out a little if i push it in and hold it the reel will work for a while i have another one that works fine there is no play in the handle guess ill have to send it to abu garcia and have it repaired.

2. Bluerider

Bluerider New Member

State:
    Bethalto, IL
    The first thing I would check is whether the drag is backed all the way out.

Second I would check to see if the handle lockdown nut is tight.

Third I would send the reel back to Abu.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    it is easy to take apart, just undue all the three screws each side and check all internal parts. THis really is easy, check tightness of line winder, it screws at bottom, drag, etc.

4. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Sounds like some gears ain't meshing properly....Can you give us a little "rundown" on any Maintanence/repairs that's been made on the reel either just before it started this problem, or after????I would start with the handle nut and work my way deeper untill I came to the problem.... If you're like me, there's not a reel repair shop around and I can't stand to "send one off" through the mail....Hope this helps....Dwight