Abu Garcia 7000C3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Vonroc, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Soon as I find a good deal I intend to purchase 1 of these. I have noticed many new ones on ebay state made in Tiawan instead of Sweden. I already have smaller Abus that are made in Sweden.Any info on these Tiawan made, are they the same quality? When did the 7000C3 start being made in Tiawan? Should I go with an older model made in Sweden for better quailty.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think u should go with the older model!

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I don't know if they outsourced all reels to tiawan or if they still make any themselves. Might check their web site, put in a question or two. They will e-mail you back.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    My Shimano reel is made in Malaysia, works fine. Many things you already own are made in Taiwan. Just because its made in Taiwan doesn't mean its not made well. And, it may be the case that the reel parts are made elsewhere, its only the assembly that took place in Taiwan. Abu has a world-wide market and I don't believe they are going to ignore quality control with products made in Taiwan. BTW, the 6500c3 is still made in Sweden, or at least the new one I bought a week ago was...has the new carbon matrix drive.

5. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I have found that some reels made out of states are as good as the org. ones. If you loose a screw or nut, don't waste time looking in hardware stores, some different threads. I find this true on the Johnson Century. From the old 100's to the 100B, 40th anny. all the same. The 45th anny. model has a lot of changes.

6. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you give a call to Pure Fish They seem to answer all your questions
    1-800-228-4272

7. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I have a 7000 c3 reel that was made in Taiwan that is an excellent reel. If you take a look at the newer 7000iC3 they are made in China. Exactly concerning the Taiwan made reels they supposely had problems with the 7000 HSN reels only.

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Even though the reels are made in Taiwan they are still made to ABU specs the same as it was in Sweden, I've already checked on it. Its like almost everything else being outsourced just for cheaper labor. I have several 7000C3's some made in Sweden and some newer ones made in Taiwan and if you take them apart you can't tell the differance. I think all their larger reels are made in Taiwan now, I don't know about the smaller reels from the 6500 down.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. I have several 7000c3 some new models and some from Sweden. I can't tell any difference. If you purchase in the future, try to get the model with the new matrix drag. Smooth.:lol:

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Everything these days are being made overseas and I wish they weren't but in my opinion, you can't go wrong with an Abu Garcia 7000c3 no matter if it's made in Sweden or Tawain.