Abu Garcia 7000 Reels (Good price)

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Rusty, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I was just @ Liberty Mo. @ Rogers They had Abu. Garcia 7000 reels on sale for $69.00 pluss a $10.00 mail in rebate. I beleave that is a realy good price.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats a good price! You all just remember my B-day is the 17th...LOL!!! :lol:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What kind of store is this Rogers store of which you speak? Do they have a web site? Sounds like an awful good price on those reels. I wish I lived in that area, I would sure check it out. Is Rogers the full name of the store or is that just a shortened version of the real name?

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just went to their website & I didn't see anything about those reels being on sale. It must be an in store sale only. That's the way my luck goes,if it's a good deal I'm not eligible or something else is wrong. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those reels. Where is Liberty,Mo located at?

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That's a hell of a price! If I were you, I'd get as many as I could afford!

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Glen, if I recall it's a suburb of Kansas City.

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Liberty is at the very north edge of Kansas City Mo. on I-35. the stores name is Rogers sporting goods. Go to Rogers sporting goods and then to homepage specials. The reels are there. OOPS I lied the price is $69.99 not $69.00. The Add. is 320 N HWY 291 liberty Mo. 64068. PH# 816-781-9027

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for your help Rusty I have 2 of them on the way. That's the way to help a brother out!!!

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
  10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Rusty, that is a steal for them, save one for me. :lol:

11. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    Have two on the way.....

12. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    that is a very good price and i am thinking about getting a 7000 on a 9 ft catmaxx rod from walmart and i hope it works for me.

13. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the heads up on the 7000.They also have the 9000 for the same price which I bought one of and also a bait net.With previous experience with ball bearing Abu's will probably leave it home when going salt water fishing unless replacement bearings can be found easy and fairly inexpensive.
    Jake

14. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You can get the replacement bearings for about 25.00 per 10 for the stainless bearings, or 50.00 per 10 for ceramic ABEC5 off of ebay. I think the guys username is irvinman or something like that. He's out of california and also has a website to get them. I can't remember the name right off the bat, but think it's DMX bearings or something.

15. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks-I am ordering a 12" rod for it.If I can get another 10-20 yards out of this rig than my old Penn's will take to Florida this fall.
    Jake

16. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    To replace the bushings/bearings on the 7000 is easy. Just take the right side plate off and remove the spool. Then take off the adjustment knobs from the right and left plate. Take the bushing/bearing out of the right side plate and install the new bearing. Sometimes they won't just fall out and you have to push them out with the spool shaft.
    The left side plate bushing/bearing is held in by a wire retainer. It comes out easily and the bushing/bearing either falls out, or needs to be pushed out.

Just remember, when switching from bushings to bearings, take the felt pads out of the inside of the spool/tension caps! Those tiny little fibers can get into the bearings and really gum things up.

Good luck, hope you enjoy the new reel.

17. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh yea, I forgot. The bearing size for the 7000 is 3X10X4mm. I'm not sure about the bearing size for the 9000. I just kinda figured it would be the same as for the 7000. If not, it's probably the same as for the 6000/6500 with is 4X10X4mm.

18. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    that's a deal. $75 is as cheap as I have been able to get them.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Bought 2 9000's yesterday. Thanks for the post.

20. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey, did you all tell Rogers that I told you about this great price. Maybe I could get a little kick back. LOL... Glad to have helped out....NOw if you all wana give me a little kick back for saving so much money I guess that would be OK also....lol... Good luck with them new Reels...Rusty..