Abu Garcia 7000 Part Needed

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by canepole, Jan 20, 2006.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Recently I took apart all my 7000s to clean them,and while I was taking apart a c3 7000 the clip on the side with the clicker that holds the bearing flew off into the air and I never was able to find it, I found a place that sells the clip , and it sells for .75 cents, the big problem they want $8.00 to ship it. I was hoping one of you feller's might know where I can get another one and maybe save on the shipping, Thanks in advance for your help..Tom

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    theres a place here in town that carries a lot of ambassador parts, i'll look up the schematic and see if they have one. if so i'll p.m. ya to see if you got one yet. im sure it could be sent in an envelope,$8.00...geez-us!

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres the schematic for that reel, best i could do on the pic. let me know what part it is and i'll check.

4. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Thanks for your time and help, The part number is # 5142

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Tom, i just found a shop right down the road from me at one of the local auto parts stores. He has everything for the smaller abus, i can check with him about the 7000 on tuesday just to see if he's got one. It'll have to be tuesday as work is kickin off in the mornin. Eight bucks is way to steep, it would be for me anyway.

This shop here had been there for as long as i can remember and i never knew he worked and handled abu's and parts. Learn something new everyday i guess. If you get a chance look around your area, you might be surprised if you find one so close. I know i was...

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Danny, I wished we had a place around here where I could get parts, I may have to shell out the shipping cost, LOL. thanks for your help.

7. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Tom,If you can find it in cincinnai just let me know and we will get it to you.My wife is coming to clarksville the 18th 19th 20th and she can hand deliver it.
    mr smith
    catfishbill33

8. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Canepole, just call the toll free number for the Garcia repair in Iowa and the will probably just stick it in a regular envelope and mail it. Shoot they may just give you the spring as well. Happens to me from time to time.

Abu Garcia Factory Service
    1900 18th Street
    Spirit Lake, IA 51360
    (800) 228-4272

9. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Thanks Corn, I just noticed your post, shame on me,lol
    I made a clip and its doing good now.