Abu garcia 7000 nld big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dcconrad, Jul 16, 2007.

1. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    what does the NLD stand for? is it a good reel?
    thanks in advance brothers/sisters.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I believe the "N" stands for narrow spool. "LD" stands for lever drag. If you look at the line capacity of that reel as compared to the same model with just "LD" there is a big difference.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Beetle is right. It is a "Lever Drag" instead of the star drag. It's the same gears and ratio as the other 7000 models, but only has the spool capacity of a 6000.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I started out learning with the newer which seem to be the larger Abu Garcia reels. and working down.I love old machinery and tools of all types.Are the reel changes through the years mainly to improve or is it for cost such as ease of machining,assembly,product cost etc.?Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Seems to be a little bit of both Pee Wee. The newer reels seem to be a little smoother or quieter, but my older ones seem to feel a little more solid. I've been fishing with a new 5600C4magtrax and an old 5000C the last few days. The fish with the older reel seem to come in and up the wall alot easier with the old reel than with the newer one.

6. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    just got the 7000 nld big game. i am very impressed with it . when i first startaed to mess with the lever drag i wasn't sure if i would like it . now that i understand it WOW it sure gives ya full control of the reel. highly recomend it to you guys.

7. nudimeyer126

nudimeyer126 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Does anyone have or know about the 7000ihsn? Is it a good reel and What does the ihsn stand for ? thanks.