Abu garcia 7000/10000 size comparison

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 19, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey guys The ups man just delivered an Abu Garcia Big Game 10000 that I traded fellow BOC brother H2O Mellon for. The first thing that I wanted to see was how it compared size wise to My abu 7000 Thought you guys would like a look as well.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What do you think of the reel?

3. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I think that I'll love it , big a brawny just like the cats here!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you catch 40 over 40#'s w/ it. Good Luck. I wills till have one 10000, but I dont think I needed 2 of them. Like I said when we meet up, I'll bring mine. I expect you to put me on a couple 40#+ :D

5. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    40's is that all you want, we might have a hard time finding some that small.....LOL. Can't wait to get this monster on a rod and start catchin' some fish!!! The UPS guy made My day last night. Thanks a lot Bryan I couldn't be more pleased. Ya sure you don't want to send Me the other 10000 for safe keeping till you head this way????? Well i guess if you can't find fish big enough for it you could always mount it to the front of Your Jeep for a winch.

6. kaskas

kaskas New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was just wondering what you thought of the 10000 having a lever instead of the push button. Does it have auto engage when you turn the handle? I looked at one yesterday at BP in st charles MO. I also looked at some penn reels and cant remember which one had auto engage. thanks

7. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    The Abu 10000 has an auto engage lever

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "Only 40's"

Man, do you have a spare bedroom? If so how much is rent? :p

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    guess you could share the back porch with the dogs..........lol gets a little cold during the winter though. lol