Abu Garcia 6600EXT made it

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flamekeeper, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    This is a sweet reel Bro's:wink: Its new to the finest abu lineup in Sweden.:cool2:

Its Thumb bar is offset for easier thumb control, Super Loud Clicker.
    It has the basic mechanical brake Plus a Linear Magnetic Brake nice to have for fine adjustments in the wind. and it holds 245 14 lb, gears,4.7:1

Thought I would show it to you Bro's

Attached Files:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    now thats what a 6000 should be thats one sweet reel. 4.7:1 all. frame quality clicker :cool2::cool2::cool2:

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    That reel might be enough to go back to the 6000 size reel. I always hated the WEAK clickers on that size. What'd you pay for that?

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice little reel.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenny thanks for sharing. Some excellent features. Appreciated.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Couple more Pics Below show the spool, almost 1 3/4", nice gears and bearings, Clicker is louder than you might think on this reel,It really sounds out:wink:.In its class; you cannot beat this one IMHO.. You can check it out here , its where I bought mine. Its the 6600EXT,Its alot wider than the other two.

http://www.tackledirect.com/abu-garcia-ambassadeur-ext.html

CJ21,
    It might look small, but really its not..,It reads 245/14#, I can almost get that much 30# P-Line floroclear on it since it has such a small diameter.( my line of choice ) you can almost pull a truck with about 12 strands of 40# XXXT woven together LOL:smile2: No kidd'en.

The old saying goes, Big things come in small Pakages; Again It might look small, but really its not. All my reels besides the 7000iCS & 7700CL Morrum are this size,and I've caught 99.8% of all my fish on them,,No problems at all:cool2:

Attached Files:

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    whew i hope you didnt pay that mutch they are going for half that on ebay:eek:oooh:

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Yeah I did, I know Bro; But My son has bought some reels on Ebay that was said to be new and when he received them,they were trashed,,caps missing off handles and scratched up and the like.
    I'd rather buy my gear new with a good Factory warranty..I feel safer that way.:wink:

9. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Sweeet! Good lookin' reel!

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think 179 bucks is to much to pay for a quality reel like that...You get what you pay for.

I just bought 2 more abu garcia 'RECORDS' RCN 60'S today at 140 bucks each.

I only have one hobby, and if I can afford it I wont buy junk.

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

A,men!!to that Bro: I cannot agree more, When It comes to my equipment, quality is #1 and I just do not want to be fighting a fish of a lifetime just to have the gear rip out or something else fail, and lose it because I bought someone Else's neglected reel.

The RCN 60'S , were they ( High Capacity ) Nice reels .I purchased a pair of them late last summer when Bull Frog Creek Bait and tackle was going out of business and got a super deal on them,I think it was between 110 - 120 and used them for the first time this year, and I can say this ; THEY ARE SMOOTH Casting ,the Power Handle and 5.3:5 Gears are fish wrenching:wink:.. You will not be disappointed Bro:big_smile::big_smile:

Hope you fill your live well with them the next time out..LOL.. Kenny.

12. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    That's one sweeeet reel Kenny. It's woth the money.:smile2:

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if you still like your 6600 EXT's? I have two that I began throwing Muskie baits with and thinking of using them next year for the same purpose. I know that they were discountined but sometimes that doesn't mean much.

14. fire370

fire370 New Member

State:
    Clearwater, KS
    That sure is a sexy reel. I'm not real big on thumb bars, I prefer the simple out of the way button. But, it's sexy sexy....

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Bryan,, Yeah I still have it and I like the reel for lighter fishing situations. It does not like casting Big and Hvy. I don't use for the Flats or Blues, I use it for channels. I agree with you on the casting for musky, It throws swimbaits up to 6" pretty good.

I hope you catch a trophy Musky Bro.. Tight Lines always.