Abu Garcia 6600 D6?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ste6168, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey guys, I am about to purchase a new (never used) Abu Garcia D6 6600. It seems like a good reel and would be a good deal if I get it. I am wondering if any of you have experience with this reel, ever heard of it, stories about it, etc? Please let me know ASAP so I can make the decision on whether or not to pick it up. Thanks

Here is a link, if you have never heard of the reel before (like me). It seems to me like it maybe be the same type of reel as a C5Mag.

I know I doubled posted this, also in the PA forum, but I am looking for info ASAP. Sorry, and Thanks!

2. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Mike; I had 2 of them brand new cast great, 2nd. trip out had a hitch in them reeling / took e'm apart and both worm drive gear cogs were split! Called Abu and they sent me new parts no charge, repaired them and they worked fine. I have since sold them, not enough line capacity for me. Abu stated they made a revision on this reel so I hope you got the later models.:eek:oooh:

3. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Did not buy yet, I am seriously considering though. I think I might pick it up, even if it ends up being a "back up" reel!