Abu Garcia 6600 Brute - reel type?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ohiocattracker, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Sorry if i posted this in wrong spot.A freind just purchased this reel off ebay and i have never seen one or heard of it.He has sent me the pics it is gold and silver with a single power handel on it and says 6600 on it from what i can make out in pics. Specs are something like 6.3:1 ratio bait clicker holds 155 yards of 20pound test.I have a few ABUs couple 5000 and 2 6000 1 6500 but i cant find this reel anywhere lol.So to you guys that know about ABU is this just a hybrid someone has made or is it a reel sold over seas or is it just one i havent heard of lol.Also here is how the reel was listed on ebay ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR 6600 BRUTE BIG GAME REEL NEW.Thanks for any help you all can shed on this reel lol

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I am pretty sure that is one of a few reels sold exclusively by Walmart. I have seen store display models from time to time sell through eBay.

Some Walmart stores sell the 6600 Brute in orange with the power handle, while other Walmarts sell the 6600CL Rocket in orange with paddle handles.

I think on the inside both reels should be indentical to a 6500C3 (3 bearing reel).

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, LOL.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well I'm going to correct myself, after a little schematic research.

It looks like the Brute is a 2 bushing model.

4. ohiocattracker

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Thanks Tulcat yea i have seen those paddle handle rockets.I have seen some ABUs at walmart that i havent been able to find anywhere else just never heard of this one.

5. ohiocattracker

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Also Tulcat where did you find any schematics on reel i looked at ABUs website didnt find any for that reel Thanks for help.

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

To find the schematics, go to Abu's Website and choose the link for Service Info, the select the state of TX and it will give you a link to an Abu repair shop out of Dallas. At that Website select the Reel Parts link and you will find what you need.

7. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Great info on the website Tulcat....Excellent

8. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
  9. ohiocattracker

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Yea i knew schematics was on ABU website but i didnt find that reel listed 6600 Brute.But how Tulcat said i found that reel listed there. Thanks for help and info to texas parts supplier.