Abu Garcia 6600 Big Game Rocket Reel : Catfishermen stated opinions

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by thecatman, Dec 15, 2005.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    has anyone used these reels if so do they perform very well, i looked at one the other day at walmart and i noticed that the reel was very smooth and looked rather sturdy but i want to hear from some one first about the reel.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a 6600 rocket reel from walmart..It is a nice reel, but no better than a 6500 in my book.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have one and personaly, I love it. Great reel!!!

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have a 6600CL Rocket, the orange one with the thumbbar. I think thats the one you are talking about since you said you seen it at walmart. The clicker on this reel isnt very loud and is hard to switch on but it may just be defective. The high gear ratio always throws me off. Like when im reeling my bait in and all of a sudden the bait flies out of the water and smacks the boat because im not expecting it yet. LOL I think for the money the 6500c3 at walmart is the better buy. It just feels better when you are using it and the clicker is nice and loud.

6. coolbig2

coolbig2 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    One of my quotes about the 5600 rockets. The orange 6600's are very sm00000th, like butter. They are a dream to cast, and you can call them your babies (if you like orange babies....). You will not be dissapointed about them!

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    they are exclusive that walmar sells of the rocket series. they are the same as a 6500 c3 only difference is they are orange and have a thumba instead of the ambi spool release. personally me i couldnt get used to so i traded mine in for a 6500c3.