abu garcia 6600 bcx reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bnt55, Jun 23, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    ?????? what does this have to do with selling or buying?

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Would you care to tell us what went wrong with them?
    Could it be your like me and using them for more then they are made to handle?
    As I have went through a few reels. But then again they would last thought a few thousand fish before becoming junk,.
    Sure would like to know as I'm looking at buying one for the new Rod I'm having custom built.
    Pete

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I find it ironic that you bought 25 of them before finding out they are junk!! :smile2:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    So how much are you asking for them? :smile2:

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yea I'll take all 25 of them off your hands! I don't think I've ever seen that meaning Abu baitcasters at one time! LOL

6. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I LOVE THEM >>> i got a 40lb flathead off of mine last yr and have to this date had NO problems with them and i own 2 of them reels and love them its all in how ya take care of ur equipment is all and how ya use it ,.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i had one and loved it now the theaves are loving it lol

8. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    AGREED!! maybe quit buying them after the 2nd or third one breaks!!:confused2:!!

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The BCX reels are not the Winches that the older Abu are, nor are they priced at that level either. They are fine in my opinon for channel cats but for Flats or Blues you need a 6500, not a BCX series.

10. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I have one of these reels as well, I have had it half of a year and my bait clicker just stopped working yesterday. I wouldnt say they are junk, but they arent the quality of the higher end reels they make either.

I am going to fix mine as soon as I get the break down of the reel and take it apart to find the problem. Nothing is ever perfect!

11. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 6600bcx is Abu's low end economy bait caster. For $45.00 it will not be the same quality as the 6500c3's. It is like comparing a Zebco 202 to an 808. I have never owned one and if I did, I would not expect it to have the same quality and performance as my 6500c3 and 6500 Pro Rocket.