ABU GARCIA 6500LC LINE COUNTER REEL

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by veryama1975, Feb 9, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Anybody use the abu garcia 6500 line counter reel? Does the line counter mechanism shorten or otherwise negatively affect your cast? Because if it doesn't, a line counter would be pretty nice to have. You can see the specs at ................. (haven't seen it anywhere else yet).

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HAVENT HERD ANYTHING BAD

3. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    I just wanted to try an experiment: When I first posted I said that the specs for the reel could be found at cat fish connection (except that I didn't leave any spaces in it.) When I looked back at my post the Kat Fish Konnection part was edited to be "................" Is there a rule on the BOC about not posting any other websites names or addresses? Or, is there some sort of filter that automatically edits out certain words or phrases? If so, I hadn't heard about it & the BOC is where I first heard about that site. If it's a really big deal I'll try to quit posting them because I'd hate to get myself banned from the BOC or something. I LOVE this forum/club. It's the best one I've ever found:)

4. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Sorry, I hadn't had any reason before to look for the forum rules:

"3. Product Marketing

A. No advertising or product marketing - No commercial ads allowed. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Any such posts will be removed. To get your product or company listed email us for a low cost quote. The largest concentration of on-line catfishermen in the world possesses great VALUE and we will not allow any business/individual entity to advertise without proper authorization and benefit to the site and its members.

You are not allowed to post links that lead to an affiliate program or that in any way earn you something. We consider you earning something if you have an affiliate ID, website, or if you earn money from banner impressions or click-thru's. If you feel that you have a service or product that the members can benefit from notify BOC Staff.

Posts considered in violation of this rule will be removed by BOC Staff.

B. Paylakes/guides/charters: Mentioning or inquiring about Paylakes/guides/charters, tournaments at paylakes, or other posts about specific Paylakes/guides/charters or Paylakes/guides/charters in general is not permitted on the BOC. It amounts to free advertising for a Paylake/guide/charter, and any such posts will be removed.

4. Links to Off-site Data

Links to Personal or Business Web-Pages is authorized as long as it is done for member support. Links must not point to forums, as they directly compete with the BOC. Email addresses should not be posted on the Forums, the Private Message (PM) function must be used for member to member communications. If a link is removed, open a trouble ticket for an explanation."

I do apologize but I wasn't mentioning that site for commercial reasons. I am not associated with any commercial operations & it was not meant as an advertisement.
    :embarassed:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago, so I've only been able to use it once. I couldn't tell that the line counter made any difference in casting, although I bought it for other methods, ie. vertical fishing, or walking bait downriver.
    Very nice reel though.

6. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hey Doug,

Thanks for the post. When you get more of a chance to use it, I'd appreciate it if you let me know how it performs & if it casts as well as a normal 6500.

Thanks,
    Matt