Abu Garcia 6500CS Chrome Rocket

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I think I am going to purchase myself a Abu Garcia 6500CS Chrome Rocket. I was wondering if any of you guys own one and could give me a review before I plunk down my cash! They sure are pretty looking! :cool2:

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Go ahead and get two of them. My birthday is coming up and I've been wanting one of the chrome ones real bad.

3. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    buy one and tell me howit is. I bought some new reels from c c last week and will be doing a separate post today with my reviews. I wanna get a chrome one too.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: I should buy you one Vince for all the helpful advice you have given concerning Abu reels here on the B.O.C. but my checking account is telling me otherwise :crazy:!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I should get one they sound good

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Birthday coming soon. Mite hint that to the wife.:smile2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yowzers! Them chrome rockets is PRICEY! $199?
    BB in SC

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I just bought one from Catfish Connection. $165.95. Cheapest place I could find. By far the nicest reel I have ever owned. Smooth as glass and casts effortlessly when properly set. Real pretty to look at too, but use it to it's fullest potential!:big_smile: Hope this helps guys!!!

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have found a dealer on Ebay where I can get one for $137 which includes shipping! :crazy: Seller has 10 available! I'm going to put my bid in!

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have one, and another 6500cs just like it except silver. if it's casting your looking for. this is the reel. I put a 2 ounze weight on it the other day. and nearly emptied the spool. although the chrome makes no mechanical difference, it sure does look purdy! I bought mine from catfish connection for 160.00 there's too many collectors and people that don't know how to value stuff to get a good deal on e-bay. The price will probably go past the value of the reel.

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Think collectable.Bro.. for reel....:cool2:

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Actually, the chrome will make a tad bit of difference. It makes the end plates and frame stiffer, so there's less flex to slow the spool down. If you're a good caster, then you can gain a few yards more out of the chrome ones.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    make sure you post when the auction is over. I'm interested to see how much it's sold for. I do A LOT of reel shopping on e-bay. look for reels that dont have good descriptions, type misspelled words on purpose etc, etc. some times you can get really good deals at the expense of the sellers mistakes. but usually, if it's a good reel, described correctly, and it has good pictures. it's gonna go through the roof. it also depends on the time of the year. mid summer is a good time to shop for fishing equipment. believe it or not. the worst time, is mid january. after the hunting seasons are closed. (outdoorsmen, and collectors are stuck at home on the computer)

15. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh yea, i forgot to mention the snipers. MOST, bidding is done in the last couple hours, or even minutes of the auction.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mark - The chromerocket I'm bidding on is ebay item # 130211806115. The auction ends Thursday at 3 PM EST. The seller is a powerseller with 1216 positive feedback 99.9 % positives. Seller has 10 reels available. I'm the only bidder on the list right now. So unless 10 more people claim one then I will get one. I myself have made 915 transactions on ebay so yes I'm aware of suspicious deals and last minute bidding. I read through 4 pages of this sellers feedback and feel very comfortable making the purchase! :big_smile:

17. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Scott I've looked at those reels to and was wondering if there is a duty tax or some kind of tax coming into the U.S. I've been wanting a chrome rocket cs for some time now, and that is a good price. I hope you keep us updated.

18. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
  19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's the way to do it. You gotta do your homework before you bid, when you shop e-bay. Glad to see you got a good deal. You're gonna Love that reel. I have mine posted up on a white surge pro series rod. It's white with silver wraps. Sweeeeeeeet....

20. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been thinking about buying one of these, and putting it away without ever filling it with line. I wont ever see the value of it. but maybe one day my son will.. I have a few pricey reels. check out what the brown 5500's are selling for. and the 5000 d's. I seen a 5000 cdl (Black with 24k gold) go for $2,400.00 . I'm in the wrong business!