Abu Garcia 6500 Trophy Collection

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by buckmaster27012, Jun 4, 2009.

1. buckmaster27012

buckmaster27012 Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've got an 6500 TC series reel that handle got loose on. I took it apart and looks like the problem is that threads have gotten stripped where nut tightens down to hold handle. Anybody got any suggestions? Anybody ever send reels back to Abu or just try to fix them yourself? Thanks

2. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Dustin; Looks like a Main Shaft job to me, but in a pinch you can run a self-tapping nut on it and get some more hrs. out of the reel as the main shaft will likely need replaced, so have one ready when you decide to pull it off. Hope this helps you out.

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    send it to the pure fishing abu garcia reel center with your name whats wrong with it and return add and phone number!! i sent my blue cat in for the same problem and had it back in less than ten days. PM me if you need any more info!!

4. buckmaster27012

buckmaster27012 Member

State:
    Virginia
    whats the website for pure fishing abu garcia reel center? or you just talking about repair center at abu garcia? how much did the repair cost? thanks

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    HI, You should be able to reach them @

www.abugarcia.com

Good Luck,
    and Welcome to the BOC:big_smile:

6. Ken D

Ken D New Member

State:
    B.C. (CAD)
    Just a fast note RE: Abu Garcia's Parts division: Once local repair options have been explored, and dealt with either yay, or nay, Purefishing MAY STILL offer discounts based on volume of parts bought.

If there are several rodsters needing bits, and can do a "group buy", then percentage points off the bill are yours.
    Naturally, folks need to live in close proximity, or the postal fees to route the parts, would chew into the savings.

Or: if you have a dozen reels yourself, and can put together a bigger order, then the discount is yours alone.

I **believe** it's 15% off, at the 50-75.00 dollar level..._unsure_.

Now that Purefishing is apart of the Jarden group, this perk could have gone away. A quick phone call to Abu can confirm or deny.

1-800-abugarcia.

Remember: shop and support local wherever possible.

RE the question: a driveshaft is about 9.00 US plus stamps. Unsure what the service desk ar Purefishing charges for repairs. But in/out postal charges will exceed the value of the driveshaft. I'd buy one, and do it myself.