Abu garcia 6500 KC2

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by eric2006, Oct 23, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    You guys think this reel is worth $75.00 plus $7 shippinp. New without box and papers.

6-Pin Centrifugal Brake System - Normally found on the Abu Garcia Record Reels – This Braking system gives a Smoother Casting and retrieving experience (Abu Part #'s (6-Pin Brakes - 1116725 + 1116756) (+) (4-Slot Pinion Gear - 1116904) - A $13.45 Value)

· Abu Garcia® Black Baitcast Power Handle - What a difference a power handle makes to a mega Casting reel like the KC2 (Abu Part # 10911025 - A $14.95 Value)

· Abu Garcia® Black Anti-Distortion Beveled Spool: This Spool is a vast improvement over the centurial predecessor - the original spool was suspect to distortion when bringing the BIG ONES - See Photos

· 6500 Black Thumb Guard - Whoever has used a 6500 Ambassadeur Reel would agree - A Thumb Guard is a must for just about any kind of fishing
    Line Out Alarm (Clicker) - The Side mounted alarm is a Must for Trolling and Surf Fishing

5.3:1 Gear Ratio for Fast line retrieve

13.6 oz. of rugged reliable construction

2. brycedeboe

brycedeboe New Member

State:
    danville
    yes it is a good reel if you like baitcasters get it i love the 6500 it brings in flatheads over 40 pounds no probe get it trust me i have 3 and i have had them for 3 years and brought 20 30 and 40 pounders in no probe get it man trust me

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yeah, it is. But for 5 bucks more you can get the KCC (the blue reel) from the same guy, I'm pretty sure you're getting this off that guy off of EBay?

I've dealt with him before, he makes a good reel and has good shipping times.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    What James said.

BB in SC

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I buy from him as well.Anything you get from him will be nice.I have my 9000 and 6500 Blue Yonder from him and they are bulletproof.