Abu Garcia 6500 cs pro rocket

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by MadKater, Feb 23, 2006.

1. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I recently bought one of the new 6500CS reels and was wondering if anyone else has one and can tell me about the clicker...im am not satisfied with the clicker on mine at all,it really dont even sound like a clicker lol,if the wind is blowing you gotta put your ear up to the reel to hear the clicker,just wondering if anyone has one and if your clicker is the same way or if mine is just defective.....any suggestions on how to make it louder? thanks

2. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    My 6600CL rocket is the same way. It isnt loud at all compared to my c3's and 6000's.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    is that one of the new ones that has the clicker on the handle side? if so i picked one up at bass pro and quicky put it down, the clicker was very hard to engage/disengage and could hardly hear it. now if its on the opposite side of handle (old way) then you might be able to switch out the clicker. there are two twpes of clickers put in the 5000-6500 reels, ones a cheap brass thing and the other is a somewhat mechanical device that is much, much louder and makes it harder to pull. the brass ones run about $3-4 a set (2pc) but i have no clue as to the other type.

4. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    dinkbuster...the one i have is the black and gold one that catfish connection just started to carry,its got the "old fashion" boddy style{flat side plates} and the clicker is on the oppisite sid eof the handle.....thanks fo rth ereplys.