abu garcia 6500 c

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cliff n york, Apr 22, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what is a 6500 c. how many bearing, can it be up gradeed to 3 bearing if it dosent have them.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Cliff! The Abu Garcia 6500 C3 does have the 3 bearings. It also includes.

Aluminum Spool - 35% Stronger Carbon Matrix drag
    Smooth durable levelwind system - High Performance gearing
    6 pin centrifugal brake spool control - Instant Anti Reverse
    5.3:1 Gear Ratio

weighs 11.3 oz.
    has line out alarm
    capacity = 245 yds./14#

:0a26:

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They are very dependable reels. You can not go wrong with it.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mark is right. It's already got three bearings. One in each end of the spool, and an anti-reverse bearing on the handle shaft. It's easily upgradable to even a C4 by installing the worm gear cover that has a bearing on one end instead of the nylon bushing, or even a C5 by doing the C4 upgrade with the worm gear that has a bearing on it also. I can see a difference in casting (minute) with the C4 conversion, but haven't seen any difference in the extra bearing of the C5.

Unless you're in a casting contest, or needing to cast extreme distances from the bank, I don't see much need for any more than the three bearings.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have 3 of the CL3 Abus(not sure if their the same) and have had no problems whatsoever with them. They are my main reels I use and I put them through the ringer(no pun intended xringer3). Main key is keep them clean, lubed and greased and an occasional pawl. Should last a lifetime!!!:wink::big_smile:

6. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey guys my reel just states its a 6500 C . it is not a 6500 C3, i have both.

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I CHECKED THE WEB AT GARICA AND THEY DO NOT LIST ANY C REELS THERE ALL C3 AND C4 'S:confused2:

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In that case, it's the older model with the two bearings in the spool, and an anti-reverse dog instead of an anti-reverse bearing. It's still a great reel, just has a little backwards motion to the handle(approx. 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch).

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have 3 of them. 1 is a 6500 c4 and the other 2 are 6501 c4's (left hand retrieve). i like them very much. extremely smooth, great drag, and a loud line out alarm. get a few and you will not be disappointed.

11. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have 3 different looking 6500 c3's... They are my go to reel and have never failed me, well except for the time I forgot to tie my line on to the spool and had a HUGE run :eek:oooh:

That might have been operator error, but I am not to judge!

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Did yours come from wal-mart? I know I bought 2 from there. A 6500c it has bushings and then a 7000 and it also has bushings no bearings.
    And if you look at Abu website it does not list the reels at wal-mart. Guess that is why they are cheaper in Wal-mart.
    Pete