Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to do my homework to begin slowly outfit the wife and I for sizeable catfish. I have read many pages on this forum and googled what the differances between the two reels.

So far I have read 6500 are better for trolling and the c3 is better for casting. Then there is the school of thought that it is mostly marketing. Put some more letters on the reel and folks will buy new ones.

It seems people on this site really like the c3 model in any size, why ?

·
Registered
595 Posts
The c3 is really smooth. It is the smoothest reel I've ever used. The c3's have a good amount of drag for the big cats IMO. I got mine about a week ago and I've only fished with it a couple times but I already love it. And I like that they are made in Sweden also. The Chinese made abus don't seem to have the quality or durability of Sweden made abus.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
that's the difference C3 are made in Sweden the other 6500 is made in China same warranty but Sweden made is better Quality also there is a big difference in Price China Made 6500 avg price $74.99.... C3 Sweden made avg cost $124.99

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have 4 of the 6500c3 for many years, never a problem, also 4 of the 7000c3 and never a problem, I have a few of the 5500 not c3 and have had quite a few problems, line level and drag

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The c3 has 3 bearings in it, 2 spool bearings and 1 IAR bearing, which makes it a lot smoother than the 6500. The number after the c is the number of bearings in the reel, unless it has one bearing and then it's just a c. The lowest Sweden made will be a c, from my understanding, so a 6500 would be China made while a c3 will be Sweden made. You can always get a 6500c so that you have a Sweden made and save a little money over the c3. I myself have a 6500c and have no complaints. I also have two 5500's, one's a c3 and the other a c and I can definitely tell the difference between em. And just remember, you can add bearings to make it whatever c you want.

Oh yea, I believe there might be some difference in gear ratios but I'm not real sure what they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.