Abu E5600

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by GMC FishHauler, Dec 14, 2006.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Anyone have an opinion on the Abu E5600. A buddy of mine is selling his prettyy cheap and i wanted some info before i buy.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum that reel dont look to good to me, its a little ugly to me. what do u intend to use the reel for?

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Its an interesting looking reel. I've never seen one and don't think its on the Abu website. There was one on ebay a while back. They sold for over $150 new. It appears the internals are different from the 5500 and regular 5600. As a 5600, it should have a 6.3:1 ratio. Try it our, check with reel repair shops to see if parts are available. If its less than $40, it may be worth taking a chance.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I agree if they were cheeper their might be a few more running around. I bought a used e6600 of e bay and ill say they are different. but good luck finding parts, probaly have to get them directly from abu. they did change them and now are sold as a pgs instead of eon and they might not have the 6000 size(I havent seen them). the main thing I dont like about them is the levelewind doesnt move when casting. See if he'll let you try it out n see if you like it.