Abu E5600

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by GMC FishHauler, Dec 14, 2006.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

Waco, Texas, Un
    Anyone have an opinion on the Abu E5600. A buddy of mine is selling his prettyy cheap and i wanted some info before i buy.
  2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum that reel dont look to good to me, its a little ugly to me. what do u intend to use the reel for?

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Its an interesting looking reel. I've never seen one and don't think its on the Abu website. There was one on ebay a while back. They sold for over $150 new. It appears the internals are different from the 5500 and regular 5600. As a 5600, it should have a 6.3:1 ratio. Try it our, check with reel repair shops to see if parts are available. If its less than $40, it may be worth taking a chance.
  4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

I agree if they were cheeper their might be a few more running around. I bought a used e6600 of e bay and ill say they are different. but good luck finding parts, probaly have to get them directly from abu. they did change them and now are sold as a pgs instead of eon and they might not have the 6000 size(I havent seen them). the main thing I dont like about them is the levelewind doesnt move when casting. See if he'll let you try it out n see if you like it.