Abu cs pro rocket vs the abu record

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jul 15, 2007.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was wondering what was a tougher and better casting of the two pleas let me know the pros and cons of both, thanks

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't know about the ABU Record, haven't had any experience with one. However, the CS PRO Rocket is the best casting and retrieving out of the box reel I've used yet. I've been using Abu Garcia reels for years and it's awsome!

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i hear u on that mine sails and i love the cliker on the side instead of on top

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Well all I can say is that I just bought 2 RECORD RCN#60 High Capacity reels and I've went through 4 different sites reading up on them and the rockets, both are great reels, In there own right.

these 2 records are some tough looking reels and you can push the button down and flip the spool with your finger and man does that spool spin, engage the spool and turn the handle and it rolls around 5-6 times and is very smooth,Cant hardly wait to hang into a biggen to find out how well they do. Good Luck on your choice.

5. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I have both reels and the RCN is better at casting anything under 1.5 oz or light plugging. The CS Pro Rocket is vastly better than the C3 and a good reel for plugging and slinging light bait.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

IMO
    They do have a rnc #60 but not in high capacity, meaning the spool is different (woofle spool 1/2'' deep) holds way less lighter line which produces a faster and longer cast with lighter lures,worms and the like and the handle is just standard,

But!! the high Capacity #60 has a Power Handle and a wide and deep spool which holds 245yrds of 12lb almost 3 times the amount of the other,and will cast 1-4 oz a lot heavier weight,a great distance according to ABU, I'll let you know the distance ASAP.:wink:

Look at the pics of them on thread RCN RECORD#60 tell me if you think they were made to sling anything under 1.5 oz

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    correction on the above post,,The waffle spool is only about 1/4'' deep .
    and the high capacity holds 245yds of 14lb. thats all Sorry about that.:cool2:

8. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Well, I also have the RCN60 that is a better reel for casting those lighter weights. There is a RCN60HC with a power handle and more spool capacity, but heaving up to 4 oz with a thumb bar is just out of sync. For that the dual end bearing CS Pro Rocket will lanch anything from 1.5 oz to 4 oz. incredibly far. Put reel candy and you have a better casting reel.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

I know you have a #60 you said it your first post.:eek:oooh:
    But the thumb bar has nothing to do with its casting 4oz,ability, all it does is disengage the spool,your thumb still rests on the line a little and you cast it just like any-other baitcaster.

I agree with ya on Pro Rocket:smile2:

10. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    It is just much easier without the thumb bar to hold the spool casting anywhere near 4 oz. Is all about preference and a lot of the guys prefer to thumb the spool here in the noreast.

Never said I have a RCN60 in this thread:wink:

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

QUOTE,You said....etc...
    07-27-2007 11:35 PM
    Well, I also have the RCN60 that is a better reel for casting those lighter weights.

Yea I agree it is about what you like ,, but heck I thumb the spool every time I cast the things,out of all the reels I have 1 being abu push button,1 abu morrum 7700cl with lever,and 7 reels with thumb bars. you just got to get used to them, there all good reels though..as long as they keep reel'em in:smile2::smile2::smile2:

have a great time on the water the next time out.

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i can tell u this i think the rocket is the beat reel i have ever used , but im looking to get anather reel, but i want something thats just a little tougher but not bigger, i like the 6500s im wanting the toughest 6500 u can get, i dident know if the record was the strongest or the rocket

13. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Strength is all the same. If anything, the Rocket reels might have a little more strength as there is a little more support for the spool shaftin the double knob reels than the Ultra Cast design. The chrome frames might also be a little stiffer also. The gears are all the same though along with the spool components.

If you want to toughen up a 6500, just replace the spool bearings with bushings, lower the gear ratio, and put carbontec drag washers in it, and use a heavy oil or grease that won't run out as quickly. You'll loose distance and smoothness, but it will be tough!

14. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh yea,one thing I left out. If you want a really tough 6500, they already make one, called the 7000HSN. It's the same diameter as a 7000 with all the same gears and 4.3to1 ratio, but its skinnier with the same line capacity as the 6500.

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i think i might get one of them black cat c3 reels with the power handle, what do u think about them compaired to a rocket as far as durability

16. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't think you'll beat the Rocket for durability. It still has more contact with the spool shaft for support. But then again, realistically, I'm sure one of the other plastic gears that are common in both reels would probably give way before the spool.

17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i also have one of them red 6500 , it cast realy far almost as far as the rocket, and its the cheapest one abue makes