ABU C3 or C4?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Kutter, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have 6 ABU Garcia 7000's. Does anyone know how I would be able to tell which are C3's and which are C4's? No, I am not prepared to take them apart to count the bearings. LOL

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I don't have any 7000's, but I thought the model was always on the reel covers, at least most, if not all, of mine are. I only have 5000 & 6000 series, but they all have model #'s on the, such as "6500C3". I have a couple without bearings, and the only have the series # (no 'C3', etc). Sorry I can't help you out a little more.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if its a c3 it should be a gray/silver color. they dont make a c4 7000 i beleive. they make a big-game though.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If I recall Big Game is a name they just added in the last couple of years, but they have been making 7000's for at least 10 years. Also, the color can be any in the rainbow. I have been watching ebay for about 4 years selling both C3's and C4's in many colors, red being the most popular, but quite a few blues also. Some of mine are silver, some black. Some colors are only shipped to certain countries, but eventually end up all over the place. Blue for instance was only sent to Australia originally.
    The serial number may have been on the covers originally, but may have worn off over time.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Kutter, if you turn the reel over, there should be a number stamped on the bottom of the reel foot. You can probably go to Abugarcia.com and look up the parts schematic. Seems like there is a place for those numbers. That may help you.
    You can also email them from that site. I had a question some time back and they responded with an answer. It took a couple of days for them to respond, I think.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

7. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
  8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There is no 7000 C4..There is a 6500 C4 However.

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Flathunter, I hate to disagree with you but:

A quick search on Google showed about 500 internet pages for Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000 C4 including amongst the many ebay adds etc, the following from ABU's own web site describing their 7000 C4 Lever Drag.

http://www.abu-garcia.com/new/story.cfm?WhatsNewId=29&Position=17

"Abu Garcia has combined a 7000 frame from the largest Ambassadeur bait cast reel with rugged C4 components and features, then added a lever drag system."

Not to mention I have ordered one several years back, from Cabella's, but no longer have.

I do understand that they may no longer sell it, at least in this country.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :love-big: OOOOh a 7000ld now thats one thing on my wish list

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I could be wrong (It's happened a time or two), but I think Jetdriver said once that he had one of those. That Lever Drag has got to be great when ya got a big fish on the other end of your line.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I stand corrected, but the only 7000 C4 I can find is the lever drag.