Abu c3 black cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jul 16, 2007.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i would like to get one of the black c3 with the catfish on the side there only 10 dollers more and they have a power handle and a cool look, also i think its a little tougher than the c3

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I have one and can't complain. Very smooooth reel and cool looking too. They cost more than a comparable 6500 C3, but you get the power handle and until September, you can get a $15 rebate.

3. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I love mine. I've been a penn guy for years but I really think this may be the best reel I've ever used.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's not any tougher than the C3 reels. The only difference is in the color of the end plates and the power handle. It's also got the smoothie drag washers, but I think abu is putting them into all the new reels. At any rate, the gears, frame, and spool assembly are still the same.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    how far can u cast them ive got an abu pro rocket that sails ,can it cast as far as the rocket

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not sure how far they will cast, probably until it hits the water, LMAO! Seriously, I haven't got to cast one yet. The main elements in casting distance is how freely the spool spins and the length and action of the rod. I've got some round side 6500s that cast as far as my double knob ones. The secret with everything else being equal is the bearings. the CS PRO Rocket has what Abu called the "rocket" bearings. That's why they cast so good. You can put the same bearings in about any of the reels and probably get the same results.

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I know accuracy in casting is in control.I have learned that these various things in your reels give you more distance but does it make it easier to control and therefore lead to more accuracy? For casting a shoreline and cover for Jack or Chain Pickerel,consistent accuracy for hours on end is far more important than distance.I am also amazed that you can gear them up,or even down like a Penn.I would think that you would hear some talk of doing it from those that fish for the big cats.Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think its a good reel for the money, I may get me one.