Abu Brute Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by stickthrower, Aug 30, 2005.

1. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    If you haven't tried them yet they are definately worth the bucks! Currently I buy them locally for about $19.00, but CATFISH CONNECTION has for about $17.00 + shipping. They are great rods and are real competition for the Ugly Stick Tiger Rods. Mine are 7' MH 20-50# line and have only one less guide than ugly sticks.

This past week I went Sturgeon fishing on the Columbia River and used one of the three I have and the fight was on! I have caught several Sturgeon previously on the ABU rod and was pleased. However, this one was awsome! By the way I had put one of my ABU 7001HS reels on this particular rod just for the day so I could use the reel, as they normally have Shakespear Tidewater T30L's on them. It also performed geat. Even with the big runs Sturgeon make the factory drag worked great! I have no idea what it weighted but it was big (guess 150#+ as my buddy said 200# so I figure cut off 1/4 his guess for big eyes). I practice Catch and Release with all Sturgeon even when I catch one in the "slot" size just because. I hear the meat is great, never tried it myself. I have photo's just not digital, trying to get them "scanned" so I can post one LOL.

Here in WA State the cats are mostly channels and not that big. Thank GOD and HIM alone that I'm moving south soon and can catch some "REAL" cats! But the Sturgeon are a great fishing pastime which have some size. Besides they are fun! :)
    Frank

2. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    stickthrower,
    Heard alot of good things about the Abu Brute rods. Haven't found any locally and don't want to pay the extra shipping charges for one rod. Next time I place an order from Catfish Connection I will include an Abu Brute. I love the Nite Sticks and Ugly Tigers but also love testing out new rods. Sounds like they are one tough rod and working out great for you. Abu

3. connector

connector New Member

State:
    Pana, Illinois
    The Abu Garcia Brute Rods have been discontinued by Pure Fishing.

If you like them, then you better buy an extra one an put it away.

John
    Catfish Connection

4. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    John, Thanks for the information on the Brute rods. I sent a Nite Stick back along with a note on the 23rd of August. Just wonderig if you received it? I will send you a PM with more information. Thanks again. Abu

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I got an Abu Garcia Brute about 2 years ago on ebay for around 18 dollars after shipping. I sold it to my friend because it looked good on is 6500C4 and I wanted another Ugly Stik.

6. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Checked Catfish Connection and looks like I am too late for an Abu casting rod, they have some spinning rods but no casters. Abu

7. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    That just plain sucks! I find a good rod without having to sell my firstborn and they discontinue them. Oh well, at least I have the three. Back to "having" to buy and test another rod. :cursing:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If its made by Abu it should do ok.