Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other then the larger handle & color, what other differences are there?

I notice on catfish connection they mentioned Blu Cat reel having high performance brass gears while the c3 has 5:3:1 high performance gears. Is there a difference ?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
They are exactly the same reel. Unless you want the nifty graphics of the Blue Cat reel, I'd just get on ebay and find a good deal on a couple of regular 6500's and then buy the power handles for $17 each. I've seen the 6500's sell for $40-$50, add in a couple of handles, and the possibility is that you can get two good reels for the cost of one Blue Cat or less.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yeah i had the same post about a a month and a half ago... same reels different colors and handle...i still got it though....:wink: ... i to noticed the different description but i think they are just trying to sell it though...I like to try and stand out from the crowd....LOL>..................:cool2: ... not to show off but just different...:smile2:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I just replaced all 5 of my 6500C3's with the new Blue Cat reels. Not because there was any difference, but just because they go better with my Catfish Safari Lake Rods... :roll_eyes:

Not sure what I'm going to do with the old 6500C3's yet, they may end up on eBay soon... :confused2:

·
Registered
946 Posts
If catfish safari doesnt have them , I know catfish connection still has the black cats in stock.

Dont forget that abu has a mail in rebate on reels right now. I think on the bluecat it is 15 dallors. That brings the price of a new reel down to the price of a used reel from someone else.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I wrote John at catfish Connection about the rebates on the Blue Cat reels. he said:

"The blue cat is not a C3 or C4, so the $15.00 rebate do not apply. However, the $10.00 rebates do apply. We will send you copies of the rebate. Please make sure that you make a note of it on your order."

Bill in SC

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..................com emailed me back & says they dont have anymore of the Black Cats. I emailed catfishsafari but still have not recieved an email back from them.

catmankev says he has a friend who has a like new Blackcat that he didnt like very much. I may take it off his hands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.