Abu Blue Cat Vs Abu 6500 c3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by anakin, Apr 4, 2008.

1. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Other then the larger handle & color, what other differences are there?

I notice on catfish connection they mentioned Blu Cat reel having high performance brass gears while the c3 has 5:3:1 high performance gears. Is there a difference ?

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dont thik theres any difference

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    They are exactly the same reel. Unless you want the nifty graphics of the Blue Cat reel, I'd just get on ebay and find a good deal on a couple of regular 6500's and then buy the power handles for $17 each. I've seen the 6500's sell for $40-$50, add in a couple of handles, and the possibility is that you can get two good reels for the cost of one Blue Cat or less.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah i had the same post about a a month and a half ago... same reels different colors and handle...i still got it though....:wink: ... i to noticed the different description but i think they are just trying to sell it though...I like to try and stand out from the crowd....LOL>..................:cool2: ... not to show off but just different...:smile2:

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There's absoulutely no difference in the gears. The only difference is the handle and the color of the endplates.

6. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Anyone know a place that may have a Black Cat still in stock?

7. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    buy it- it is awesome!!!!

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Gonna buy two! I like different, too.
    BB in SC

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I just replaced all 5 of my 6500C3's with the new Blue Cat reels. Not because there was any difference, but just because they go better with my Catfish Safari Lake Rods... :roll_eyes:

Not sure what I'm going to do with the old 6500C3's yet, they may end up on eBay soon... :confused2:

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i think safari has them getum while u can i got 2 and very happy wiv them :big_smile: :cool2:

11. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    If catfish safari doesnt have them , I know catfish connection still has the black cats in stock.

Dont forget that abu has a mail in rebate on reels right now. I think on the bluecat it is 15 dallors. That brings the price of a new reel down to the price of a used reel from someone else.

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dont think there is a differnce

13. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    I don't think there is a difference...

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont think there is a difference nethier, the only difference I see is the color.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I wrote John at catfish Connection about the rebates on the Blue Cat reels. he said:

"The blue cat is not a C3 or C4, so the $15.00 rebate do not apply. However, the $10.00 rebates do apply. We will send you copies of the rebate. Please make sure that you make a note of it on your order."

Bill in SC

16. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    ..................com emailed me back & says they dont have anymore of the Black Cats. I emailed catfishsafari but still have not recieved an email back from them.

catmankev says he has a friend who has a like new Blackcat that he didnt like very much. I may take it off his hands.

17. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    website that was censored in my last post was .................

18. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    c@tfish connection *