Abu Blackcat Special edition

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by shingman6, Aug 28, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Has anybody used the Abu Blackcat Special Edition reel and how did you like it?

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    get one while you can. thyr a fine reel.

3. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i was thinking about getting one of those myself. are they just a 6500 c3 with a different handle and paint job?

4. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    it nothing speical i work at a hunting store part time ive seen them yes they are pretty but pretty dont catch fish! why pay over $100 when u can buy a plan jane 6500 and add power handel to it for under a $100 ? and it will cast just as good! for example i had a buddy talking to me last night at the cat fish pond lastnight one of the owners came up to me braging about his reels hes got a 6500 super cast i belive talking about how it will throw like my worked 6500 chrome rockets so i put it on my 13'ldx breakaway therw it one time it sounded like it was gonna explod!! i was not inpressed good thing they dont make them any more

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Before you buy one, ask how many bearings it has. Also, does it have the regular thumb release like on the C3 or a thumb bar? If you fish where its sandy, or the reel gets to much grime in it, the thumb bar will not work properly. C3's have 3 bearings, thus the label C3. Academy sells a 6500 called a Black something or another...don't remember exactly, but it has only one bearing. I bought a new 6500C3 last week as a companion to the one I have already...it was getting lonely fishing with lesser reels. I played with Academy's black 6500, not nearly as smooth but $!5 cheaper. I paid the extra. In the 6000 series, the C3 is about the most any of us really need.

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In all the 6000/6500 series reels, about the only difference in each of them is weather or not it has bearings, bushings, or how many of each. That being aside, the biggest difference in all of them is the different color combinations. I'd get the one that you like the looks of the most. after all, it's going to be a reel you'll be looking at for years to come while fishing, so get the one that's pleasing to you. If you don't like the number of bearings in the color of reel you want, then that can be changed easily to make it exactly what you want.

Get what you want, and make it what you like. You'll enjoy it alot better that way.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Check on it for sure, but I think all the Trophy series reels are 4 bearing reels. Could be wrong, though. Anyway, it's a good reel. Whether it's worth the money for you, you are the only one that can decide that.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think its a good reel for the money, I dont know if I will get one or not.

9. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    it says that it has 3 stainless steel ball bearings. the price on it is 84.99 plus shipping

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the power handle that they come with. It's just something different to add to yoru Abu collection. I'm happy w/ mine. For $85 it's fine, now I would not pay the $100+ that some are. CC claim it's an exclusive reel so I dont know how other places are selling them.

11. Patton

Patton New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona

Thats Exactly what i was thinking maybe the other places are ordering from CC because if you look CC has it for 85 and all the other places are 99 and up for the Black Cat reel i just ordered one last week waiting for it in the mail but ive heard really good things about them.

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I have 2 6600 c4 that I like real well! I love the color, they are blue and gold.:wink: