Abu Black Cat Fishing reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishnfwl, Aug 10, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Any thought on the black cat? Have a chance to pick 2 up for a decent price, any one use this reel? thanks[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Abu Garcia Limited Edition Black Cat Reel[/FONT]
    [​IMG]

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :0a28:I have one. Suposedly, they were a catfish connection "Exclusive", as their web sit still claims this, so I dont know if Castaway Lakes got theirs form CC or not. The reel is okay, but If I had it to do over, I prob would have got a 7000. The Black Cat is just an expensive 6500.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well I have seen them a couple different places ???? and have herd about the same, so I thought I would ask here thanks again....

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was gonna get the black cat. Thanks for the heads up. Now I will just get the regular 6500

5. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i have an abu 6000 and a abu 7000. i like them both. the black cat is a promo edition and its just a little overpriced. i think if it was me i would go with a 6500 or 7000 if u wanna spend a little. I also think u should look at the penn 209 and 309. they are a pure winch when u want to reel in the nice ones.

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I've got a blackcat on a Tiger Lite MH rod...I like the setup, but would go with the 6500iC3 and add a Power Handle to it....Or even better, the 7000iC3....But if you want to stick with the 6500, I would go with the iC3 w/power handle....Dwight

7. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I love the 6500C, I have several and they do the job well. Use mine for stripers as well as cats.

8. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about getting one of the blackcats now I'm looking around again. again thanks.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    their only 8 more bucks than a c3 ,and u get a power handle and a cool paint job im getting one

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    why do people scwalk about the price when thyr buying something thyll have the rest of thyr life? ive got 2 and love them, get one you wont be sorry. oh ya thyr are beautiful on the ugly stik cat rod

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well i think i am going with them, LOL can't beat the deal from a non fisherman that "WON" them in a drawing....... 5000 fisherman and 1 fella who don't fish (keep telling him thats what is wrong with him) wins the draw :roll_eyes: yes I bet they are good looking on that rod

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    They are nice reels for the money.

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Have one sitting on a Ugly Stik Catfish pole. Perfect setup for most cattin'.

As for the price, don't forget it comes with a power handle which by itself is $10-$15....plus, until September, you can get a $15 rebate from Abu Garcia when you buy one.

I think it's a good deal and am planning on getting another one soon.

It casts really smooth, has a nice drag system, and is just an all around fine reel.