ABU BIG GAMES

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Dsage, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm looking at getting my first abu reel. I'm thinking about getting either the 7000NLD or the 9000. I know the the 9000 takes more line and the 7000 has the lever drag increase, just looking for some more info in the reels. Spec are all good but it does not beat real world testing. Any info will help.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I've had the 7001 L/H retrieve model for some time now. Casts like a dream as long as ya set the brake properly. I am very pleased with all ammbassaduer reel performances and I own a few of em.

3. CatfishHntr

CatfishHntr New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dsage that's a pretty nice reel. I had a 7500ct3 got a relly good trade for it. Have about 8 Abu's. They are all really good reel's! How much is that 7000nld or the 9000? Take a look at the Daiwa Sealine about $110 @Bass Pro Shop. Look around the www you'll find what you lookin 4. Good Luck! D

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The 7000 is $79 and the 9000 is $69.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I have a 9000 BG and so far I am totally satisfied with it. At that price I would jump all over it. Myself I would opt for more line capacity over having a lever drag. Reels have worked great for years on end with star drags.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree totally.. i have so many abus now i can't count.. lol!! star drags work great. and i would recommend any garcia reel.....rollo

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Do your self a favor and don't get either one of those. Make sure you get the new model series. The new ones have an "I" after it. If you are going to spend the money do it right.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    if it was a regular lever drag not the nld that would be tougher. id go with the 9000 if your not happy with the performance you didnt pay alot for it so you have some extra $$ to make upgrades to it till you get what you want out of it.

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I think that I'm going to go with the 9000. Now I just hope that when it gets here the weather plays nice so I can get out and test it and not have to wait to long due to the weather.