abu big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Harleycat, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    abu 6500cl big game or 7000ihsn big game icant decide need help on which one to buy

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They both hold about the same amount of line. I think the only difference is the 7000 having a stronger drag. If you're mainly getting the bigger cats, I think I'd go with the 7000 version. I think the 6500 might throw a bit easier on distance but I haven't tried one of the hsn models to know for sure.

3. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i own the 6500 big game and love it.throws a mile,plenty of reel for flatheadin.i have 25lb mono on mine and it handles it fine.the main thing to consider is the size of the rod you will attatch it to.i use 7000 size reels on my tiger(medium-heavy) rods(bigger diameter handle on rod).i use 6500's on my medium action rods.its more of a comfort and proper rod reel match thing.the 6500's are fully capable to handle any situation ive been in.i use them on the ohio river in heavy current all the time.hope i helped-any more ?'s pm me.

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Malcom,
    Id say either one of those reels would be an excelent choice. The only difference I believe is the 7000 has a stronger drag. I dont think you can go wrong with the Abu reels. rspd507

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    The 7000 holds 325 yards of 17lb line.
    While the 6500 holds 245 of 14.
    With the 7000, you can fine tune the casting brake, by using different weights.
    Also, the 7000 is heavier duty than the 6500.

:004:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Abu is my choice of reels.. all of mine are abu ambassadours or how ever you spell it... but i have a 6500 and its sweet as can be.. did have a 7000 for a bit but the 6500 out performed.. but i dont get many fish over the 50 pound mark.. but a 30 pound flathead isnt much compatition for it.. I would like to recomend trying it on a Quantum BigCat Rod H/action.. Even a M/H is good.... But make sure you get the second generation the have porcilein eye on the rod