Abu Big Game 7000 HSN (2006 model)

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by KanHeadhunter, Feb 25, 2007.

1. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Is this a good reel for Flatheads?? Tell something about it? I have been looking for 1 but couldn't decide which 1 to get. I got it Friday from BPS, I couldn't pass up the price $50 the last one they had for the 2006 model!! It was a display reel with no box, it is gold & black.

The plan for this reel will be fishing dams & rivers.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Paul, I cant tell you wether or not it is good but I got one also (well I will when they come in). Our own loanwizard was able to obtain a bunch for 90 bucks so Im just waiting for them to come in. I plan on putting mine on a 11ft rod. I hope it is a good reel, but then again its an Abu so it cant be that bad.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's the same quality as all the other 7000s, it just has the narrower spool wich means it doesn't have the line capacity as the standart 7000. It's the same capacity about as the 6000 or 6500 reels, just bigger reel.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If its a 7000, it should be a good reel.

5. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    sounds like a good deal-last year i think they were over a hundred bucks.i just bought two 6500 2007 big game models for 100$ a peice .i have two 7000c3s and they are flawless.anyhow good luck!

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

They're normally between 125.00 and 150.00 retail price! You got a great deal!!!!!!!!!!

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Gary, I have them in.

Shawn

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Phattness, Im waiting on my tax return to come in and Ill let you know when Ill be over to pick it up. Should be within the next week.