Abu Big Game 10000 & Heavy Action Big Cat Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by H2O Mellon, Feb 16, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I'm getting these out of layaway in the morning. The rod will prob be shipped to BOC mbr BradK :rolleyes: becasue a 7000 is more suitable for me. Someone please tell me why I should keep the 10000. I will prob also buy a Fenwick Waer Eagle rod for one of my 7000's. So much for saying I am done buying tackle this year, huh?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Abu 10,000! you made a wise trade, no need for something that big in our neck of the woods.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I made the trade last time, but I may keep the 10000 this time. I really like using the 7000's. If I actually get the boat out more this year, I may keep the 10000, but I dont want to be carrying it on the bank side much.

4. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    For Big flatheads thats a perfect match. A 7000 is enough reel but a 10000 is what 22oz your only carying 4oz more. Rather be safe than sorry.:)

5. SwiftWater

SwiftWater New Member

State:
    Central Virginia
    i think the 6500 model is hard to beat for the money and pound for pound they are just as good as the 7000. i caught a 30lb flathead with a 5500 model and it never skipped a beat. i own all of the above and they all get the job done. if it's a garcia it's good as gold in my book..

oh, btw, you can NEVER have too much tackle;) lmao..

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tell that to my wife! :)

7. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Mellon, you think you got it bad??? My fiance' will not even allow me to spend the money to get a 7000. Heck, I have to sneak out to go fishing, half the time.

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sangamon, is that a red flag I see waving over there???;) I say "run" while you can still claim those legs as your own!!!!

Better to have that "Come to Jesus Meeting" now, then wait until its too late.... I speak from experience as Im sure many here would agree...:rolleyes:

Salmonid

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I just buy the tackle I need and don't worry about what my lady says. She will get over it and you have your tackle.;)

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, you better trade it if you can.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got it & seem to liek it. I'll keep it for the big ones.

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Oh Bryan You don't need that dog-gone big reel, I do!!!!! LOL you know its gotta home if you decide ya don't need it Right!!!

13. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brad I have a guy that has several of the tens and also a nine or two and if he gets ready to move them I will get ahold of ya.With the new drag washers out for 7000 's I am gonna try to upgrade mine to the new washers and see if I can stop a bull with them.I have used his in the past and think they are too bulky and hard to cast but thats me talking. It's hard for me to justify the cost difference between the 10000 and the 7000's .

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brad,

You'll be the 1st to know. This one is spooled w/ 40# Berkley Big Game.

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I just put 100# power pro on the 10000 I traded you for Bryan!!! I'm itchin so Bad.......but this cold front moved in hard core today We had a high temp only in the 20's

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We had a high yesterday of 63 degrees, now it's going to get down to 7 degrees. Thats a 56 degree swing in temp! I just caught the flu today from my dad. I am so doped up it's not even funny. 60 degrees & I was ready for cattin, 7 degrees & I am hibernating! :p