Abu Ambassadeurs

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by stone, Mar 20, 2009.

1. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    Whats it that makes it so attractive? For me, its the smoothness and distance it can cast. Theres no reel I encountered that can cast better.

2. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    As far as construction, casting, drag, line capacity goes for their price range I don't think they can be beat.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i hated bait casters till i got my hands on a few Abu's now i lovem:cool2:

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    they are a good reel indeed although , Penn makes some good ones too, and they are made in USA, I have both the ambasssaduer is a top notch reel,not the new ones the are made in Japan, and arent any better than a bargin reel

5. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    theres an almost cult following for abus.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love the new abu's much better than the old ones, they have a much improved drag..a 150 dollar reel is much better than a bargin basement reel.

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Abu's are junk. They are absolutely worthless. If I was you guys I'd get rid of all of them. Especially the older ones. If you have any of them just send me a P.M. I'll send you my address. I'll pay to ship every one of them to me, and I will personally see that they get disposed of properly.:wink:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a new one off ebay a while back and the guy had issues with his e-mail account. Something that it kept going to an old addy? Anyway i canceled the paypal payment. Fellow called me today and said he was putting it in the mail and for me to send him $30 after it arrives. Last new one i bought was 90 bux. This one being shipped is a 6500C3, made in sweeden. I love them myself