Abu Ambassadeur at walmart

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Matthew72, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I was at walmart earlier and there was an red ambassadeur there for $50. I am wondering if that is worth having.

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If it's a 6000, it's a great price. If it's a 5000, it's just a so-so price. You can get a 5000 cheaper than that on ebay.

3. GumboGalahad

GumboGalahad New Member

State:
    Richmond, Indiana
    I agree with xringer. Is that your fishing buddy sitting on your chest?

4. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    i just got one the other day- its a 6000 and it was 49.95. its a smokin' little reel.

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Here the 6000 is $59.00 at Wal-Mart, but the combo with a 6000 and a 7 ft Berkly Lightning rod is $69. Don't see how they sell the reel alone for $59 with the combo on the rack right above it for just $10 more.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    off the subject, love your signature :0a27: throw in catfishing gear and call it :003: :0a32:

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    This is get'n off subject, but the signature is more a protest of the what too many alphabet agencies in government and over regulation than anything else, I've farmed for 30 and the alphabet agencies have cost more and put more folks out of business than is reasonable, we deal with EPA, FDA, ASPB, USDA AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. A lot of the times the cost and paper work involved with these is overwhelming and 99% of the time means nothing.
    By the way my favorite gun shop here is a pharmacy, the pharmacist is a gun dealer and his drug store has a pharmacy, soda bar and snack bar and a gun store. When I was a kid every feed store, hardware store and a lot of other stores sold guns, not any more, with the license requirements and liability cost about the only thing selling guns around here anymore are Wal-Marts and they are phasing them out. This ain't the big city, it country, and we love our guns, to hunt and fish and our way of life. I think Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms would be a great convenience store, but it would need bait and tackle too.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If its the Ambassadeur 6000, I would get it. I have a 6000 and I love my.

9. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    It is the 6000. I just bought 2 at wally. Their 5000 are black. Btw Sam, couldnt have said it better myself.

10. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    You can get any Abu reel for ten dollars cheaper if you use this manufacturer's coupon:

http://information.cabelas.com/pdf/ag10.pdf

--posted this link in another thread but i think the thread died shortly there after.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matthew the red 6000 is a good reel and should last a lifetime with some maintenance. I should be in Marion at Walmart mon.or tues. I'll check there reels out and let you know for sure on the model.:lol: Sounds like you are getting ready for Crab.

12. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    It was the 6000. I saw the 6000/7ft rod combo last time I was there. I want that one bad. I wonder if the coupon will work with combo. Yea I am wanting to go to Crab. Micky, when are you going?

13. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    It says that it works for "any reel or combo $29.95 and above"

That combo would really be a good deal then.

14. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I farm also and you're exactly right about those gov agencies costing us a fortune as well as trying to dictate to us how to use the land like they would actually know anything about farming other then moving the dust around on their desktop but back on the subject.
    Those red reels are probably 6000's. I have a couple of those from when I used to bass fish, they are good reels but before buying them I would check on ebay, you might get some a lot cheaper. I still use mine from time to time for channel catfishing.

15. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio

I got the last on @ the Wally World near me for $69 bucks Rod and reel combo! Sweet deal with the $10 rebate coupon...Thanks BOC!!! $59 bucks final cost. Don't get much better than that.:big_smile:

16. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I REALLY LIKE MY 6000 AND I BOUGHT IT AT WAL-MART.

17. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This makes 3 6000's (two are on Eagle Claw Water Eagle's 9' rods and now the 7' Berkley lightning Rod for trolling or for the wife when she wants to fish) and one 6500 C3 on a 9' Water Eagle and I love 'em all!!!:cool2:
    I now think I am leaning more to the "Mental Illness" part described in my sig lol!!!

18. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    would you mind directing me to the part of the U.S. Constitution that gives the feds the power to regulate them?

Josh

19. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    the stores here sell the 5 and 6000 size abus they are just fine especially for those of us that are not so apt to proper cleaning they have bushings instead of bearings thats the only differance keep it out the sand and service atleast once a season . oh by the way bushing reels have been around a long long time

20. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I got it. I paid the $70 for it and my gf tossed the reciept before I told her I needed it. But I have it and I am happy.