Abu Ambassadeur 4600c4

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Mutt, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well I havnt found a thing here on this reel anyone with any suggestions on it how well do you like it etc? My wife has one it seems to be a nice little reel and for the size cats we have around here it is more then ample. just wnat some long term users reports etc. thanks.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I tought the 4600 was a bass reel.

3. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    any reel dont have to be spieces specific. just looking for some info on its durability. any known isssues it may have etc.

4. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    If its anything like a 6500 C4, it is an excellent reel. From my understanding, they have a lot narrower spool and don't have a clicker. Something more for casting lures. Would probably make a great channel reel eventhough it doesn't have a clicker (you could still use circle hooks I guess).

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its built identical to the other small abu's (5000-6500). its just a little narrower and holds less line. same parts and quality, only things different are the spool and frame size.

6. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Thanks for the info it seems to be a nice little reel she likes it and thats all that matters i just wanted to make sure there are no weird issues with it. i have a 6000 i use when i feel like using that style for cat but i will also troll with it too for stripers. been a good real so far.