abu 7000c3i

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by prostreetS10, Dec 10, 2007.

1. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have been looking at getting a new set of reels. I have been looking at the Abu 7000c3i wondering what everyone thinks about them for flathead and blue fishing. i fish 30# test 3-5 oz weight most of the time but sometimes bigger. I am also bank and boat fishing.

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    excellent choice i just got 5 7000 last year and fished heavy current using 8 ounces and a few times 10 ounce. i love mine very good reels. ya catfish safari .com has all the good stuff check them out .

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Most of my reels are Abu Garcia 6500, 6600 etc.

I bought one 7000ic3 a few months ago and now I wouldn't want anything else. I fish big rivers and the extra line capacity and cranking power come in handy in the current where you need it. They are a $40.00 upgrade from the 6600's but well worth it. I mean it should last a lifetime if you take care of it.

Oh, the other thing I really like better is the clicker. Waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better and tougher built. The clickers on the 6000 series reels are cheesy and not very durable.

You won't regret the 7000ic3!

About $129.00

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Darryi I degree with your comment about the 6000 series, the clickers are not cheesy. Darryi you got to prove your comment, just dont say anything without prove. I have both a 6000 and 6500 and my clickers are going strong.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well, the little plastic slide switches (for the clickers) are wobbly and sometimes hard to engage. The clickers are weak and hardly make any noise when the fish run (as compared to the 7000). When compared to the clicker system on a 7000ic3 the quality difference is very apparent!

Note: My 6500 and 6600 reels are fairly new and in perfect shape. I was dissatisfied with the clickers right out of the box.

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I currently use a 6000 and a 6500c3 and i agree with skipeye i don't like the plastic clicker switch on them. They are no all that loud and on my 6000 it decides to engage by itself when im casting im guessing from being wore.:confused2:I guess im gonna be giving steve from catfish safari a call before the end of the year. He told me that the reel are going from 129.00 to 149.00 by the first of the year. thanks for the info everyone.

8. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I don't have any of the new "i" series reels, but I hear they are very good. I started catfishing with 6500 sized reels, but now it seems like I always reach for a 7000. I like the bigger feel and it gives me confidence knowing that whatever I hook into, a 7000 will winch it in. I say you can't go wrong with a 7000.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 7000c3i is a great reel and a good investiment into the future.I would try to find one that is not assembled in China.

10. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Thanks guys for your posts. I am thinking of buying a 7000 in the near future

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If your going to get a abu for big cats might as well cut to the chase. Get the 7000ic3. It is by far better then any 6000,6500 or 6600 hands down.

12. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    All my reels are Abu 7000 C3 but I just bought a new reel for a friend the Abu 7000iCS Pro Rocket it was $114.99 and I would love to trade all mine in on the iCS Pro Rocket for the $15 difference, what a sweet reel.

13. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Hey Quint whats makes u like the rocket so much better?

14. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    riverratokie 1st of all I got the reel for $114.99 and it list for $149.99. It is supposed it cast farther than the c3i and the c3i list for $129.99. The iCS Pro Rocket is black and gold where the c3i is silver but would be happy to trade my C3's on either one. If your going to buy 2 or more you can get the reel at the same price. For the bait shop I got the reel from has to order 2 at a time. And it was the only one there when i bought it. Went back to get another one and that was what I was told but the owner was fishing? Did not price the c3i with them but it would have to be cheaper! But what a sweet reel.

15. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Thank u sir for taking time to explain that to me. i am not familiar with the rocket but will definatly check them out

16. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i got a new 7000c3i this summer and works great, i think the only difference in the rocket reel is it has the bearings instead of bushings and a higher gear ratio, but either one is well worth the money

17. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have had one for a few months now, wow it is the daddy of all reels I have ever had or used. I have some bg 10000 and some 7000 and a bunch of penns but this c3i is off the hook fellas let me tell ya.