ABU 7000, where to buy from?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by USE TO BE, May 3, 2009.

1. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where is the cheapest place to get a new 7000? Don't really care what model it is. Is ................. the cheapest at $90 for the 7000i?

Man I wish I had bought a few more of the 7000b's and 9000 Big Game models last year when rogerssportinggoods.com was selling them for $60 and $70 bucks.

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    rogers sporting goods had the Seven on sale, its the same frame as the 7000, just has bushings, i bought two this year and liek em alot.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'd say $90 is a good price. I was looking at them yesterday at the local wal-mart and they were priced at $100. They were the red ones not sure what letters were with them.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Catfish Connection, $90.60 + $10.95 shipping.

5. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I ended up finding a couple used, but minty 7000 C3's on Ebay for $75 a piece. I have one of these already and really like it.

6. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I also ended up buying two of the Abu Seven combos for $80 a piece. I'm going to give one to my wife for mother's day, or maybe both. I've got to get her off her Zebco 33 kick. She has netted all but one of my Flatheads for me and its about time I net one for her. She just needs to learn to love the baitcaster.

This is about the best deal I found - thanks Larry Melvin. Looks to be a 7000 with bushings. I think I will order a couple sets of the carbon drag washers to smooth out the drag and maybe some bearing too.

I'm not sure how the rod in the combo will hold up to 40 and 50 lb Flatheads though. We'll see...