Abu 7000 series

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bigbigjoe76, Dec 25, 2007.

1. bigbigjoe76

bigbigjoe76 New Member

State:
    Gilbert, South Carolina
    Hope someone can answer this. If you have a (red) 7000i and upgrade the bushings to bearings, what would the difference in that reel compared to the 7000C3i. This same question would apply for the 5000 and 6000 reels as well compared to the 5500C3 and the 6500C3. Thanks!

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The only difference would be the color of the endplates. Here's the difference on the 7000s:

The 7000 (red) has two spool bushings
    The 7000B (green) has two spool bushings and one crank handle bearing
    The 7000C (black) has two spool bearings and crank handle bushing
    The 7000C3 (burgandy,silver,blue,etc.)has two spool bearings and also a crank handle bearing.

The new "i" model has the crank handle "anti-reverse" bearing in it in place of the older free spool bearing. It also has different drag washers I believe.

As far as the 5000 and 6000, if it's the newer ones with the anti-reverse bearing, then all you have to do is change out the spool bushings for bearings and you've got a 5500 or 6500 C3.

The bearing sizes for the spool bearings are:

3x10x4 for the 7000 and old (OLD!)double knob 5 & 6000 series

4x10x4 for the newer ultra cast 4000 through 6000 series.

Hope this helps.

3. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Don't forget the 7000ics pro rocket black and gold the daddy of the daddy's!

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i believe that someons said the 7000i doesent have the carbontex drag that the c3i has

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I wasn't real sure on that one, I've heard it both ways. To me it doesn't make sense to have to stock and install two different types of little washers when they're pretty much the same cost on both. If anyone knows for sure, let me know.

As far as the CS Pro Rocket, I've got one in the 7000, and it IS AWSOME!

6. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Just got back from the bait house. The 7000c3i has the carbon drag where the 7000i does not other than that i believe they are the same including the gear ratio.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Danny, now I know for sure since I haven't got to tear each one down yet.