Abu 7000"s on sale at walmart..

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BassCat, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    i went to walmart in Roxboro, NC last night and they have the abu 7000"s on sale for $50, normally $99, i asked a worker there and he said that walmart was replacing it with another type of reel. . . . . . .and that every walmart was doing the same . . .so if your looking a good reel, check the sale's at your local store. i have 2 of the 7000"s and they work really well.

just figured i'd pass the word on.
    Mike

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the info. I'll check my local Wal Mart today.

3. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i looked, they only have up to the 6000 most of the time and sometimes 6500

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i wish our walmart carried the catfishing stuff that other places do. ours have a few 5000s and thats it, then theres a few of those red rhino baitcasters. we have 2 whole rows for all kinds of artificial lures and on top of both of them are smaller rods for bass and such. then theres one little rack with about 5 6 foot ugly sticks and 2 or 3 big waters everytime i go there. and about 2 differnt kinds of dough baits and 3 or 4 differnt kinds of dip baits. they dont even carry any good hooks besides 3/0 4/0 and 7/0 lazer sharp circles. i want to try some other hooks but noone carries any catfish hooks, but gander mountian has no catfish hooks besides some huge 11/0 - 16/0 hooks in indiana!? way to big.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Walmarts around me have never carried 7000's, I wish they did...But the new 2007 7000C3 is a much improved reel with better drag.

6. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the info. I will check Walmart today.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Michael Thanks for sharing that info. I have used the 7000c3 for a while and at that price it would be worth buying several and putting them back. Is this reel just a 7000? What color is it? I agree with another post the 7000c3 is an excellent reel.:big_smile:

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wally World here in S. IN had two 5000's (clam packed) for $50 each, but no 7000's at all. But $50 is a decent price for a 5000 isn't it?
    :smile2:

9. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    i bought the 7000 HS from Walmart for $59.99 about three weeks ago. hehe, should have waited. oh well, its still a bargain..

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea thats a deal the wallmarts around here dont have that big of sales 20$ off is about it

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a good deal. Thanks for the helps up.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Are there any big differences in the 6500 and 7000?