Abu 7000 Big game, Narrow Lever drag reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by TNVOLCAT, Jun 7, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was wondering if any of you that has one of these reels could give me a heads up on them before I possibly buy a couple of them. Yeas, Nays, Likes, dislikes. Seems I remember reading a post about these reels 4 or 5 months ago that there have been some problems with this model. If anyone could verify this and elaborate on it, I'd sure appreciate it!

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've heard of problems with them but don't remember what it was specifically. I've not used the lever drag, but understand they're easier to use, but they don't cast as far if you're concerned about distance.I don't see why they won't though. If you're looking at the narrow spool version though, I guess you're not concerned with casting distance since they hold about the same amount of line as a 6000. I get the 7000 versions for holding the heavy lines since they hold alot more of it than my 6000 size reels.

It didn't help much last night though, couldn't turn him, and never even saw him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Have you got a link to a site we can look at the reels?????It would help to know the specs on the reel....I have a 7000iC3 that I love.....I like the wide spool best.....Just my opinion....Dwight

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have the wide spool 7000 level drag, no problem with it. Its between 8 and 10 years old now, just wash with fresh water and oil it some.
    Have a safe and great weekend
    Walter

5. brakeless1

brakeless1 New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ky.
    The lever is like a fine tune adjustment. You still set the drag like normal but the lever when left in middle adjustment will increase or decrease drag a smaller amount than the main drag. push lever up lighten drag some pull lever down increase it.