Abu 6600cb

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JAYNC, Mar 1, 2006.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I was online looking at rod reel combos and noticed there was an abu 6600cb with a 7' heavy rod with 30-45lb line weight. Has anyone used this reel and like it, I use shimano baitrunners. The baitrunners are expensive though, I can get 2 of these combos for the price of one of the spinning set ups I have. Since money is tight right now I am leaning towards getting this, it just depends on if its a quality reel that can pull in 60# plus cats with no problems. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do believe the 6600CB is practically the same reel as the 6500, same line capacity and such..So it is a fine reel..with that being said it wont hold alot of 30-45-lb line..But it will land some bigfish...If I was wanting a bigcat reel only I would move up a notch to the abu 7000.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have one and love it. It is spooled with 40# P-line.

4. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I fish the slightly smaller 6000 and love it. Hard to beat the Abu Garcia. I have a old one that My Grandmother used to fish with that I still use. Still works great.

5. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I just left Walmart and they have the 6000 on a ugly stick for 69 dollars. That is less than they used to sell the reel alone for. Thought I might let yall know.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I guess I will go ahead and try one out, thanks for the quick responses.