ABU 6600BCX

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CATCHARMER, Nov 28, 2008.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    my wife just bought me this reel gear ratio 5.3:1 line cap 14lbs/245yds wt 11.3. does anyone have any opinions about this reel?

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    If it's what I think it is,,, I have one, and I spooled up some 20 lb mono and went fishin with it!!! I like them OK.:big_smile:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am sure that is a fine reel. The Abus usually are. Congrats

4. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    it looks just like the ambassadeur 5000 its red it has thumb control instead of a button release and has a clicker

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, sounds like the same one,, Good stuff as far as I'm concerned....:wink:

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I see those at wal mart all the time. Never owned one. But IMO,I would exchange it for a 6600 c3. It's only a few more dollars,and I think it's a better reel.

7. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    did more reading and found out this reel was made in china not sweden. it maybe a good reel but for 15.00 more i took it back and got a 6500c3

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I repped you for a great choice!
    Bill in SC

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i was going to post that i thought it was the one i looked at at walmart that looked good but the sides were thinner and they had some plastic looking junk on the sides of the spool. it looked good but seemed cheeper made.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    They're both good, the C3 is an excellent choice, ya did good!

11. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    Yeah if you see that it is made in china it doesnt have that good of quality as if it was made in sweden. i have 3 6600 CB i bought off of cabelas as a combo with king kat rods. these reels have stood up to very big fish. i have used the bcx series reels before and they dont please me the way that the CB's have for me.Hope this helps

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Actually the new 7000ics Pro Rocket I just got said made in China. I called Abu and I was told 99.9% of the reels are made there now. And 99.99% of the '09 units will be or have been.