abu 6600bcx

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dieselcat, Aug 14, 2008.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    was wondering if anyone has 1 of these and how they like them?

2. Ravynsdad

Ravynsdad New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have bought 3 of these off of ebay for 40 to $50 brand new. They work great and smoooooth as can be I love them, haven't gotten into a big fight with one yet though just a few dinks.

3. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I have 1, its my favorite reel that I own. Going to start replacing all my others but at $50 each it may take me a while.

4. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just bought one today and so far i love it super smooth:0a24:

5. walleyetony

walleyetony New Member

State:
    indiana
    Just purchased mine waitin for it to come in the mail. Hopin to tangle into a bigboy soon take a pic and let him go. Thats all im askin i let them all go anyway. Pray to the man upstairs that i nail one.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've got two. I'd suggest that you get a 6000. Much better reel, much better. Just look for some on E-Bay and go that route. You'll be much happier with a 6000 than you will the 6600, I know that I am.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I have some older 6600CBs (CB is just the designator for Cabela's reels) with the thumb bar release instead of the button on the side of the case. I bought them in 2005-2006 and love them. I've had to change the drive gears in a couple of them because I abused them, but one of them took the fish in my avatar as well as lots in the 30-50 range over the last couple of years. I fish pretty hard and they've stood up well.

A buddy gave me a newer 6600 this Spring and it's caught a 45 and a 49 this year and I think a couple of smaller ones along the way. No complaints so far.