ABU 6600bcx red

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Wallbass, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I picked up this reel from wallyworld for $59 and was wondering how many of you guys have used this reel and how you like it? Seems real smooth with 4 ball bearings. have been using spinning reels,this is a new game now. any help from youall would be greatly appriciated. What line should I use? .....Thanks Jeff :big_smile:

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Jeff! Congrats on the new reel! I would go with 15 to 30 lb. test line on this reel. If you are new to baitcasters, here's some help for you. When spooling on the line, spool the line on the reel in the same direction as it is coming on the line spool. Don't put anymore line than 1/8 of an inch from the end on the spool! This keeps the reel from overruns when casting. When learning to cast, set up with the weight you intend to use. Set the spool tension knob on the right side of the reel all the way tight. Now hold you rod at a 45 deg. angle. Now loosen the tension knob, so the weight slowly drops to the ground without backlashing. Once set, go ahead and practice casting. Once you are comfortable, loosen the knob and try for extra casting distance. You'll be a pro in no time. Always back off the tension knob, star drag knob when storing the reel. This keeps the pressure of the drag washers, so they don't become damaged. Good luck and I hope this helps you!!:big_smile::big_smile:

Mark..

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Dose it have a line out alarm on it and dose it have the thumb bar or the push button on the side plate?

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck with the reel hope ya enjoy it

5. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    That's a very nice reel. Good luck.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm not familiar with this reel, but Abu Garcia makes awesome reels. You should have great success in using this reel!!

7. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes it has a clicker and thumb bar :big_smile:

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Got one @ Academy last week w/an ugly stick 7ft for 95$, love it so far