Abu 6500CT w/ power handle

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by mikemck, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikemck

mikemck New Member

State:
    Texas
    Abu Garcia 6500CT Power handle model. Excellent reel, very smooth, excellent condition. With box & paperwork.

$75

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Are you sure of that price? would you be willing to sell for less?

I can get this reel brand new in box for 73 bucks,

3. mikemck

mikemck New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dang, I had no idea.

I can do $65

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Got any pics?

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Couple PM's sent... I'll take it.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My bad... Abu makes a 6500CT that is a Chrome Rocket and I thought that's what this was. Sorry.... please ignore or delete my previous post.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I wondered about that too, I think the reel for sale here is actually the 6500TC (Trophy Collection), not one of the high end CT's with the one piece chrome frame. Maybe Mike could clarify?

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The 6500TC sells for $74.95 new at CC. It has a 6.3:1 retrieve ratio as opposed to the 5.3:1 ration on most 6500 series reels. I like the TC reel just fine.

Bill in SC

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree w/ you guys. I bet it's the TC, which Bill I'm right there w/ ya they are a fine reel.

I have a 6500CT that I've never used and as I recall I bought it for $90. It's a nice looking reel, I thought it'd be nice to have a matching one! :big_smile:

10. mikemck

mikemck New Member

State:
    Texas
    No, it's a 6500CT Power Handle model.

The CT simply means it has no level wind.

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well then do you have any pics????

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The CT is for Chrome Torque resistant frame I believe, and the torsional bar across the front makes a level wind impossible. Being that it's a CT you should stick to your original asking price. Good luck with your sale!

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    A = Small arbor spool, larger line capacity than the standard spool (for example 5000A)

AB = Anti-backlash, (for example 5600AB)

B = Small arbor spool, larger line capacity and a line out alarm (for example 5000B)

C = Reel has 2 ball bearings in the spool or around the spool axle depending on spool design

CI = Reel produced for Independent dealers

C3 = Reel has two ball bearings in the spool plus a one-way roller bearing for the anti-reverse (the 7000C3/7500C3 reels have two ball bearings at the ends of the spool axle plus a third ball bearing around the crank shaft)

C4 = Reel has two ball bearings in the spool, one ball bearing in the level wind plus a one-way roller bearing for the anti-reverse

C5 = The reel has two ball bearings in the spool, two ball bearings in the level wind plus a one-way roller bearing for the anti-reverse

CB = Self-centering – disengaging level wind (for example 4600CB) 1980’s

CS = C stands for ball bearings, the S is short for "Sports", as in "6500C Sports Rocket

CT = Non level wind model

D = Direct drive - Drag works only when your hand is off the handle grips. (For example 5000D)

DA = Direct drive with palming side plate

DL = Deluxe = Gold plated model

GR = Graphite construction

HCL = The H stands for High-speed, the CL for ball bearings and level wind, as in "Big Game 6500HCL"

HS = High speed reel

HSI = High Speed with Infini spool design

HSN = High speed narrow frame reel

IAR = Instant Anti Reverse (for example 2500CIAR)

IVCB = Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake

J-speed = the "J" stands for Japan, the J-speeds (8000/9000/10000) are high-speed saltwater reels made for the Japanese market.

L = Level wind (for example 6500CL, 9000CL; originally used for the 9000CL and 10000CL to indicate that those models had a level wind.

LC = Line counter reel

LD = Lever drag reel

LDN = Lever drag reel with narrow frame

SP = Sprint 6.3:1 gear ratio

ST = Striper model

W = Winch 3.8:1 gear ratio

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've seen that list before from Abu's site, and there are some things that just don't fit, for example.. CB = Disengaging Levelwind

But the Cabelas / Abu reels sold with the "CB" designation have standard levelwinds. And the 5600D and 6600D, which DO have disengaging levelwinds would be classified as D=Direct Drive, which they are not. And the CT frame models are not the only non levelwinds Abu makes, but they are the only ones with the CT designation.

Anyways, this 6500CT will make somebody a good deal I think. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.