Abu 6500C4 Discontinued

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TXBlueHunter, Dec 22, 2005.

1. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Went to BPS today looking to get a few more 6500C4's and some uglystix and was told that Abu has discontinued the 6500c4 and replaced it with a 6600.

And of course they were out of the new ones.

Not sure how many use this reel, but I love the them. Just thought I would share the info for those that did not know.

I guess it's like everything else, on to bigger and better.

Thanks

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I have a C4 highspeed, do I hear trade????LOL!!!!

Ray

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just checked & (one of our sponsors) Catfish Connection has the 6500c4 limited edition for $79.95

4. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I would be interested in what changes have been made to create the new 6600.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Has anyone else heard of this? It's hard to imagine them doing something like this, the 6500 has to be one of the most popular Abu's. I've had sales people at BP and other places tell me things before that weren't necessarily so. I hope the 6500 will be around for a long time. 'Course I don't know anything about the 6600, either, except it has a magnetic brake system.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a 6600, I cant tell the diference betwen them and the 6500.

7. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    A 6000, a 6500, and a 6600 look like the same reel to me. I have all three...they all hold the same amount of line, and have the same gear ratios. All three perform. That's all that matters to me.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Now does this mean I am lucky or not. I just got a brand new 6500c4, blue one for Christmas. Haven't even got the line on it yet, just took it out of the box and looked at it.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys I think its just the 6500C4 that was replaced not the whole line of 6500's. Someone please let me know if I'm wrong.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan I think you are right!

11. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My 6500s are C 3 models. They still appear to be available at every outlet I have seen thus far.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Well of corse I am :)

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catcaller, you need another post real quick. Your on post #666 & it's Christmas Day. :evil-big:

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Lol...we must have seen that at the same time. It's a done deal. :D

15. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got a 6500 c3 for Christmas. Wall-mart had a lot of them I did not see any 6500 c4.

16. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Maybe it is just the C4 version, then. That's ok...I don't have any of them, just C3's. That 6600 looks good, though, I may have to try one of them next time I buy. I like all of the 6000 series that I have used, and I'm thinking of trying a 7000 too, on one of my heavy rods.

17. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

So, do I hear someone who may be interested in a 6500 C4 that are now discontinued, for say a 7000??? LOL!!!!

:0a32:

Ray

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dont know if the sale is still on but theres a place in minn. called reeds sports (do a search) and they still had them back about a month ago, and had them at unbeleivable prices. think the 6500c4 was goin for 55.00. i got a 5600c4 for $39 and a 7000c3 for $79. i just saw some of the new abu's for '06 and they are designed a little different. must be trying to liquidate all the old ones. they are starting to make the ambassadors in tiawan now also, hope it doesnt affect quality.

19. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I think it is jus the C4 that is discountined. BSP had the others in stock. I ended up with two new C3's.

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Ray,
    I got an extra 7000c3 that I bought from Mrflathunter, I haven't even taken them out and looked at them yet. He said he had only cast them twice each.
    I don't even know what color they are. Will look tomorrow. Dick