Abu 6500C3 vs 6600 SSC3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ramon06, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Wondering which one of these was better? I just left a local bait shop and they had a maroon 6600 SSC3 for $98.99 and a chrome 6500C3 for $102.99 I was gonna get the 6600 but it looked slightly smaller but it had a power handle and a push button. I ended up getting the 6500 cause it looked bigger, I wanted more line capacity. If the 6600 is better please let me know before I spool this reel with line. I almost bogged down and bought a 7000i but I dont need another large reel right now. Just something nice sized to go on a Berkley Glowstick that can cast and bring in nice fish. Could've gotten another 320GT2 and saved $40 but I always wanted to see what all the fuss about ABU is :wink:

2. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    well if it any thing like the 6600 bsx I wouldn't recomend it because I just had one the worm gear got destroyed. I would just stick with the 6500

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'm not sure of the ssc3 model, but, my feeling is that they are the same internally,,maybe a gearing difference, but,, maybe not..
    anyhow,, you can put a powerhandle on the c3,, so,
    otherwise, they'll hold the same amount of line,, I'd think.. either sounds pretty good to me..

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Ramond myself i think you made the right chois but then agen if it is a ABU its always the right chois lol but yes the 6500 is the better reel

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a 6500C3 its a great reel for the money.

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    great reel I got 6500c3 I love it:big_smile:

7. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    my 6500C3 is my favorite reel in my boat. got it matched up with a tangeling with catfish rod and 80lb power pro braid. my favorite setup

8. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    6500 is a great reel. Just replaced my old one that I have used for about 17 years with a new one I plan on breaking in real soon:big_smile:

9. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    I fish with six of the 6501 (left hand) reels. I've never had problems with any of them.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think the thumb bar for casting would be about the difference the cintrifigal brake may be different too the 6600ssc has a 6pin the 6500 may just be 2 they are all different in the slightest way

11. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    i have 13 6500c3 and 2 6500c4 you cant go wrong with them. easy to work on easy to upgrade:big_smile:

12. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was not really excited about its price tag at first but now I have used it 3 times and its growing on me more and more :big_smile: the better I get at casting it the more I like it. It is very smooth casting and very smooth reeling it in, unbelievable almost lol. I just have to catch a 30 or 40LBer and if it gets the job done I will totally be sold on this brand. But I have to say I see why alot of people like ABU now, its top quality. The only thing I think is inferior is the little quiet clicker.