Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 6500 that the line guide does not move when it free spools, but would like to have a line guide. I was looking at the green and bronze 6500 that catfish connection has for sale. Can someone give me some input?

· Registered
7,655 Posts
Looking for a 6500 that the line guide does not move when it free spools, but would like to have a line guide. I was looking at the green and bronze 6500 that catfish connection has for sale. Can someone give me some input?
I don't recall ever seeing one that the line guide doesn't move. I have a Daiwa and a Mitchell baitcasting reels that the guide stays stationary, but they're low profile bass reels. No, I never seen a round baitcaster that the guide doesn't move.

· Registered
8,091 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing one that the line guide doesn't move. I have a Daiwa and a Mitchell baitcasting reels that the guide stays stationary, but they're low profile bass reels. No, I never seen a round baitcaster that the guide doesn't move.
i am with Festus on this one but snagged Greg will clear this up when he see's this post

· Registered
6,253 Posts
I think you fellers have it pretty well covered.. I've never seen, not heard of one on a 6500,, but,, Abu Garcia continually surprises me,, and, I won't say there's not something like that..

I've seen them on some of the low profile reels, neat technology, but, looks like a lot of stuff to keep working..

A common option, is to install all the bearings, and other friction reducing parts available for a 6500.. If a guy likes using braided line,, then those can be made to cast quite impressively,,
and, don't do too badly with mono...IMO

and,, WELCOME to the USCA!! Reagan!!:cowboy:

· Registered
1,045 Posts
Great question. I would sure like to find one myself. I know the Abu 6500 & 7000's I cast with now do not have the feature you are looking for. It would be the best of both worlds for me. I have no problem casting a CT non levelwind reel and like the added distance it allows. But I prefer the levelwind when fighting a big fish when moving up and down the river bank climbing around and over rocks. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.