abu 6500 midnight blue

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by matt, Nov 9, 2007.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    has any body ever seen this abu. abu 6500c midnight blue or ever used it it cost me 200$ for this reel and it keeps up with my 6500 sports mag and 6500 pro rocket

Attached Files:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    looks like a blue yonder :still_dreaming:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice reels.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The Blue Yonder is a CT (no level wind) The one in the picture has a level wind on it, stumped me! However, I WANT ONE!!!!

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Matt,
    I have never seen one ,but its probably a good one.
    Has any of you gys or Gals ever used a ABU 6600D6 With a SMART MAG. BRAKE i JUST GOT ONE AND HAVEN'T TRYED IT yet.
    Thanks Paul

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I tried one, but ended up returning it after a couple of days. What I didn't like was the feature that makes it a D series - the disengaging level wind. When you cast it, the level wind disengages and stays in one spot. That might work ok on smaller reels, but with a spool as wide as as the 6600 you end up with the level wind on one side trying to peel line off of the other side of the spool. The sharp angle of the line resulted in poor casts at best, and backlashes at worst. The problem was worse with braid than it was with mono. With mono line and a little bit of care to get the level wind centered before a cast, it did ok. But it just wasn't the long smooth caster that I was looking for. :0a4:

Sorry to be a downer on something you already have. Give it a try and maybe you will have better luck than I did.

7. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary thanks for the information on the 6600 reel. I thought it was a real good deal $100 + reel for $70.00 Owell go figer.
    Thanks
    Olddriller

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    At $70, If you don't like it you shouldn't have to much trouble selling it to get your money back. I think I paid $130 at Cabelas. I'd be curious what your experience is with it, though. Maybe it was just me?